Question regarding current situation.

The whole point of the money order is in case a situation like this, since it turns it from a simple internet fraud to mail fraud, which happens to be a feony. I don't understand how you believe you are not liable, considering hes done everything he could to make sure he received the item hes purchasing, but how could you be found not liable in that type of situation? Have you tried calling your criminal lawyer? Any civil or criminal lawyer could explain it to you, in terms you should be able to understand it better.

I didn't go as far to call you degrading names. and i only "insulted you" because you insulted me first. I am not apologizing until you remove that bulletin and you give me one first. I didn't come on here for you to turn on me. I was simply trying to help. If you don't want a friend to help, you shouldn't have posted the bulletin. I didn't turn on you, I just think giving in and paying him back even if it's $100 will help you out and just get it over with.
I apologize.

The only reason he's saying that he already called and isn't liable is because he's hoping that str8 up will believe him and not contact the authorities.

All I have to say is wow. I have been here about a year but I dont post on here much because I'm here to learn. I know that you have to ask questions in order to learn, but like other great one's have said, the search button is a great feature. Everytime someone comes out with a new product, i.e. AQ with the new HDC3, IA's new DP, DR, etc, Mach 5 SPL, I love to read about the new reviews they get. I've talked to Louisana_crx and lilmaniac about stuff on different occassions and what they have to sell when they do. I have come to find that they are great "go-to's" when you have a question about something. I have always had a great experience on this forum, SSA and midwest spl when I posted on there. I have never bought anything on a forum because of ******** like this guy. Its guys like this that make the new guys afraid to buy online. I dont have a lot of money to spend on my car audio gear like a lot of ya'll do, so I cant afford to get jacked by someone like this.

I guess I worded the last of that wrong. I'm not saying ya'll have the extra money to throw around and risked getting jacked. And I not saying anyone deserves it. When your the only one working in a family of 3 and another kid on the way, putting the wife through college, money is tight.

I should have worded that better, I appologize.

I have never bought anything on a forum because of ******** like this guy. Its guys like this that make the new guys afraid to buy online. I dont have a lot of money to spend on my car audio gear like a lot of ya'll do, so I cant afford to get jacked by someone like this.
You can never completely eliminate the possibility that the person you are dealing with is going to turn into an asshat. However, you can reduce that possibility dramatically by being careful about who you are dealing with. I know it's harder when you are not around much.

I have never had a bad transaction here, but I am careful.

yeah....I have also learned from other people's mistakes to check ref's. that will also help greatly reduce your chances of getting scammed.

Like I said though, I have always had a great time here.

Actaually, I can't. I've already contacted the police regarding my liability. yes, I'm a jerk, but no, I'm not liable (at least definatley not criminally)
No, you definitely are not.

However, civilly you are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

str8_up

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
str8_up
Spartanburg,SC
Start date
Participants