"POPS" Subwoofers from Chicago - anybody have them?

sshoe
10+ year member

I have these subs that are a brand called DJL POPS that are made here in Chicago. They seem to be really good for the price. Has anybody else had them? I have a pair of the lowest model (500 watts RMS) but I was thinking of getting the next step up (1000 watts RMS). Anybody know the specs on the sub? I'm looking to get a box built and hopefully someone on here has had them and can tell me how they sound and what kind/size box they have them in. Thanks

I met the company owner a while back, anybody want to guess where?..........................flea market! I gave him a demo of my car at the time had a single RF T2 15 in it he then try's to get me to build his "show car" for him I wouldn't do it he wanted to use EVERY size driver they made in the vehicle and he did not want to pay hardly anything for having it all built. It's a nobody company owned by people that know little to nothing about audio, there are here to make a buck nothing else!

^ sounds like alot of car audio companys they fake and guess it all..
It made for an interesting argument as he told me a set of 8"s 10"s 12"s and 15"s could all share a common enclosure/airspace and sound good doing it! That's when the conversation was over as I was not building that just so he could blame me for it sounding horrible!

It made for an interesting argument as he told me a set of 8"s 10"s 12"s and 15"s could all share a common enclosure/airspace and sound good doing it! That's when the conversation was over as I was not building that just so he could blame me for it sounding horrible!
I got guys at work who claim the same thing LOL. They are far from audio engineers or company owners though so I cut em a little slack.

I got guys at work who claim the same thing LOL. They are far from audio engineers or company owners though so I cut em a little slack.
ya know I'm far from one myself but I have a grasp on how this all works and enjoy being corrected when I'm wrong or just don't know, but when I tried to explain why that would not work he got all offended like I insulted his god or something.

Flea market stuff at best. If the price was right then make some noise with them.

I can tell you that POPS subs didn't win the $$$ at the WGCI show Sunday...

1000 rms model

Picture012.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sshoe

10+ year member
sshoe
Chicagoland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from