Radio speakers don't turn back on after key is shut off and on

Participant count
  • Participant list

greentractorguy

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought and installed a new radio in a tractor and got everything hooked up and working. I shut the key off to do a few things and came back to try it out again. The radio powers on but the speakers won't come on unless I unhook both speaker wires and reconnect them. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

1. Define tractor.

2. Explain "new radio", was there one there before? What brand/model?

3. What speakers? Amp involved or no?

Greentractorguy hmmmm I wonder what it could possibly be?????
Haha definitely a farm tractor. Yes there was a radio there before but something quit inside it and all you could hear was static. I have no idea what speakers are in it. No to the amp also. New in the box radio from Wal-Mart because it was cheap and it's going in a tractor.

Haha definitely a farm tractor. Yes there was a radio there before but something quit inside it and all you could hear was static. I have no idea what speakers are in it. No to the amp also. New in the box radio from Wal-Mart because it was cheap and it's going in a tractor.
Then i would check the wiring to the speaker and make sure theres not a short somewhere that you just happen to jostle the right way when you unplug them. Otherwise, the amp in the radio might be bad and need to be returned/exchanged

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.