Raising sound stage

Participant count
  • Participant list

gijoe
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am currently running active with a set of boston s60's, an 880 and a denon 4 channel. I have the mids in the bottom of the doors and the tweets at the door handles. I really want to raise my sound stage up, right now it's coming from around my chest level and I want it closer to head level. I'm probably going to pick up a set of ID mids and I'm also looking for some tweets. I think that whatever tweets I end up with, I'll mount them higher up than they are now, which should help. I was also thinking that a bigger tweet that'll play a little lower will be good so that I can cross it lower, this should also bring the stage up too, correct? I'm not going to build kicks for my car, so there is going to be some issues with tuning that I'll just have to deal with. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this? Any ideas on what tweets will work well? Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing that your tweeter location may be causing the low sound stage.

Trying raising your low-pass point on your mids (overlap), since there is some distance between the mids and tweets.

did you do any time alignment?

My crossover points have been changing a lot lately, it's my first time running active and I'm doing a lot of experimenting. I'll get back to you later with what I have them set at now. I'm having more trouble with the slopes than the crossover points themselves. I guess I don't have the best tuned ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.