Random Q's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Montana

Banned
Hello, I am just getting into car audio, and seek further knowledge! With the help of you all I've went from my Kenwoods on 150Rms between 2-12s, to my current setup. And first off I'd like to thank everyone for enlightening me on this fun hobby.

Still learning and trying to expand, please give any friendly tips, advice.

Currently, I have 2 SA-12s, on a Brutus 1700, pulling the full 1700. At least so I think..

I haven't really touched on electrical yet a lot, only thing I've done is the strongly encouraged Big 3, all 0/1. My knowledge on electrical is very limited, but I read a thread today that informed me if you draw more voltage, your amp will do higher then rated, correct?

So let's use a SAZ3500 for example, it does 3500 at 14.4 (I think? no need to correct this, just a example) but if you can pump it with 17 volts you could pull 5000 out of it, right? (again, no need to correct me on exact numbers, just asking questions more or less about voltage pull and how it plays a role)

I've seen people say it's "under rated" on several things, is this what it means?

Let's use my Brutus for example, let's say that does 1700 at 14.4 as well, if I am dropping to 12 volts, would I only be seeing 1200 watts? ( numbers are just examples, just questions about voltage drops)

What tend's to be upgraded first, alternator or battery? Is it situation dependant? I would assume so, seeing as stock systems are different..

One last random question;

I spoke with my local car audio shop about there DBdrag they put on, and asked what the highest numbers that got put up, they said 144.2 . Now, I've seen countless post/videos where people hit 150, so I know 144.2 isn't too elite (keep in mind I live in Montana, car audio is very limited.)

Is 144.2 a hard number to hit?

The only reason I am asking is, I am going for gold, even though I am new now, I've got time to learn and grow.

With a proper setup I've seen SA-12s hit 150 easy, I believe I saw a single 8 hit 160 on some Russian video.

144.2, are we talking full proper box and power, or is 144.2 above and beyond just that.

Never seen a termlab, or been to a show, so I have nothing to judge off of, I have NO idea how loud 144.2 truly is.

OH, one last thing; as far as SPL boxes go, once upon a time countless people told me to go sealed trunk.. however, several videos I've watched of people hitting 155 trunks, are just boxes inside the trunk, not sealed.

What's best? Sedan.

Thank you for who ever bared with me throughout this random mumbling post.

If ur talkin about good vibes, I've seen 155's put up. 144 should be simple on those subs as long as you do everything correct, you can hit 144 on a single type r easily in the right setup. 144 isn't going to be difficult with the sa's. Just make sure your amps aren't starving for power, and take ur time designing/building your box. Remember to tune higher if you are going for straight spl

I noticed in ur splbuild ur box was tuned to 35 I think? Tune it higher, better yet, find the frequency response of your car and tune towards that. 35hz is just goin to be a ground pounder, not a dbzzzzzz machine.

Ported is usually used if your going for SPL, I am running the same brz1700.1d i have an extra battery and my volts still go down to high 12's, i suggest get a 2nd battery

Oh and ur amp won't drawmore voltage, it will draw more amPerage. Do some reading on how electricity works. Volts, amps, watts, ohms. All terms that u will want to understand what they mean in this hobby

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.