Rate my Build Plan, please

Participant count
  • Participant list

MadMalibu

Hey guys,

I have been out of the car audio game for a long time, and need to put together a system for my old convertible Chevelle. I am limited to a couple 6.5" components in my kick panels (tweeters in the dash), and a sub or two in the trunk. Below is the list of parts I am planning to go with (pending input from guys like you). This car is an old convertible, with loud exhaust. I don't expect "audiophile" quality, but want something with full sound and nice punch that I can hear over the road noise. I want to stay very subtle with the look of the head unit, play MP3 CD's, and try to keep the budget under $1000. Please tell me why my current plans **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks so much!

Head Unit (Choosen for subtle looks) - Sony Xplod CDX-GT430IP

AMP (to drive fronts, and brigded for each 10" sub) - JL Audio A Series A6450

Front Speakers (mids in kick panels, tweets in dash) - Infinity Kappa 60.9cs 6-1/2

2 x 10" Subs (custom enclosers in trunk) - Kicker Comp 07C104

Wiring kit from knukonceptz

If the Sony Xplod totally blows as a basic head unit, I would happily take suggestions... but I really want to stick with something very subtle-looking, that will not clash too much with the classic car's interior style (black dash, chrome accents)...

People hate on sony but I love my sony HU. only ran sony HU's for 2 years now though. for some reason im not a fan of multiple subs i think its just OCD though. why not 1 12" FI Q? it should get louder and sound better.

OK thanks for the input so far...

What do you think about going with the Kenwood KDC-MP538U? I am not sure if there is any reason to pay more for the version with 4 volt preamps outputs in my case.

My thoughts of going with 2 10" subs is that my kick-panel 6.5" speakers may be a bit weak on the bottom end of the mid-base, and that the 10's won't need to be crossover quite a low as a 12" would require. I want solid, punchy base, but not really "thumping". Is this valid logic?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.