RCA interference?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dirtrider4eva
10+ year member

√\_The CaUsE__
today after some driving, i noticed my front left speaker/tweeter was not working, and when i turned subwoofer off on my hu, it still played. well i turned the car off, went to the amps, and whenever the rcas to the speaker amp touched the amps rca terminals, the sub "thumped" a little..

i was confused, so i went to HU, checked all rcas, un plugged, re plugged, and re connected them, turned car on, and everything was fine.

anyone know why this would happen though? the two rca cables are run on different paths.

hard to understand what you are asking but if you unplugged and plugged back in the RCA's while the stereo was running you could easily have damaged something - don't do that. Doesn't matter which way you run the cables for this problem, they are "attached" to the same headunit on one side and the same amp on the other.

this i know. never would "hot swap"

i found the issue.

apparently FL rca to speaker amp doesnt like to cling on extremely tight. adjust the fins, and not it does. im assuming the HU was re routing the voltage to sub, although the rca was grounded, the signal wasnt getting passed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.