RE home theater setup

dsmyl666
10+ year member

hello everyone, I have recently puchased 6 re8's, all 6 were going into the suv i had until i got a jeep wrangler and decided to go with a HT setup. Well, i decided that with my new sutup I am going to use only 4 re8's because there are no HT amps that go down to 1.33 ohms. So i am going to get 2 300 watt plate amps and wire each pair in series/parallel for a 4 ohm load.

Box- I am making a 6th order bandpass box because i like how these boxes have a good mix of spl and if designed properly can yeild great sq.

Placement- I am redoing a cabinet (very large cabinet) so i can get a dual reflex gain.

Does any one have any comments or ways i can improve on my idea?

I'm taking it this is a bad idea
I wouldn't...

I'd take it as no one is really interested....

Get a 3rd amp and make a rear sub.....

Post pics of all this when u are done...

BTW, What kinda of Receiver you running?

Does it have Pre-Outs are yu going to be stuck using speaker outs to High level in-Puts?

I dig home theater almost as much as I dig car audio....

I have new pioneer receiver, infinity bookshelfs. the readon i can only run 4 of my 6 subs is because im seriously short on cash, and i really cant run car amp in my house

I have new pioneer receiver, infinity bookshelfs. the readon i can only run 4 of my 6 subs is because im seriously short on cash, and i really cant run car amp in my house
But does, it have Pre-Outs are you going to be stuck using speaker outs to High level in-Puts on your plate amp? If it has them...

Does my Question make sense?

I think you're getting 6th order confused with 4th BP...6th order systems usually have transient responses that are 'teh ****' - it wouldn't be worth your time to build one unless you want a one-noted fart box.

4th order systems can sound great, but take *a lot* of work to get right. Ditto for TL (transmission line) enclosures.

Here's a link to educate: http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

I have made many 6th order bandpass boxes that sound great, it depends how you tune the box, imo the sq is great. Although it sounds far different than ported, i feel like a low tuned bandpass box sounds better. Even if 6th order boxes are 'peaky' if you can keep the response between 20 and 65 hz most speakers will dominate all higher tones. Great spl boxes too!

I would be interested in this in the future at one time or another for my setup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'll probably try this when I take my system out for a new vehicle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Let me know how everything turns out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.