RE SE XXX WOW!... now need reccomendations

sampson
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Holy **** people I just got that beast and hooked it up to a 600 watt jbl mono amp and ****... that is some loud ****. What kinda box you guys think I should go for on this thing as far as ported, sealed, or bandpass? I am just looking to get really freaking loud here, not really caring about sound quality too much. Thinking probably going ported, what tuning you thinking... like 28..32...36??? Also do you think that the jbl 600.1 will give it enough power to get it going. Seemed good to me, but just want some opinions. Just any recommendations in general would be appreciated. THanks a lot-Sampson

Holy **** people I just got that beast and hooked it up to a 600 watt jbl mono amp and ****... that is some loud ****. What kinda box you guys think I should go for on this thing as far as ported, sealed, or bandpass? I am just looking to get really freaking loud here, not really caring about sound quality too much. Thinking probably going ported, what tuning you thinking... like 28..32...36??? Also do you think that the jbl 600.1 will give it enough power to get it going. Seemed good to me, but just want some opinions. Just any recommendations in general would be appreciated. THanks a lot-Sampson
is it SE or XXX?

If he thinks it's loud free air, wait until he gets it in the box...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

It is a Se XXX (FLakko was right) ... an SE with XXX parts in it. It is in a sealed box, not running just free air man... the box is like 15X14X13 sealed and I was really impressed..... I'm just curious as to what RE recommeded tuning the box to, and anything else you guys can suggest......Thanks-Sampson

The lows with those are REDIC.

If it's a 12, I recommend 2 cubes NET @30-33hz, at least 30 in^2 of port

If it's a 15, I recommend 3.5 cubes NET @30-33hz, at least 45in^2 of port

NG

Yeah, its a 12... I have maxed out my amp and the deck at full volume, bass boost up, sub boost on the deck all the way up etc... and it takes it great.... wow that ****ing thing got loud.... way louder than before.....Are you recommending 2 cubes on that box after displacement... or before displacement? I am looking at building a box that is about 26X15X12 or so.... can't go wider than 26... but can make it a little bigger or smaller as far as 15 and 12 go... How should I go about porting it... should I port it out the top, or port it out the front right into the back of the back seat..... I have a hatchback where the seat folds down.... Also should I have the sub face forward or face up at the rear window???

The lows with those are REDIC.
If it's a 12, I recommend 2 cubes NET @30-33hz, at least 30 in^2 of port

If it's a 15, I recommend 3.5 cubes NET @30-33hz, at least 45in^2 of port

NG

word, port tat sucker and get ready to shizzer ur pants... of course after u get some more power for it....600 might be a lil bit weak....i think 1000w rms should be about right.....

It'll sound great off 600rms in that ported box I recommended.

Also, NET means after displacement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

NG

Yeah, its a 12... I have maxed out my amp and the deck at full volume, bass boost up, sub boost on the deck all the way up etc... and it takes it great.... wow that ****ing thing got loud.... way louder than before.....Are you recommending 2 cubes on that box after displacement... or before displacement? I am looking at building a box that is about 26X15X12 or so.... can't go wider than 26... but can make it a little bigger or smaller as far as 15 and 12 go... How should I go about porting it... should I port it out the top, or port it out the front right into the back of the back seat..... I have a hatchback where the seat folds down.... Also should I have the sub face forward or face up at the rear window???

BAD BAD BAD......haveing the sub level on the deck up all the way is fine, haveing the bass eq (in the treble mids and bass EQ on the deck) up all the way too is bad, as well is turningthe deck ALL the way up, very bad, bass boost just adds distortion which kills subs (bass boost helps some but full blast it's adding TONS of distortion)...And i pray you dont have the gain on the amp all the way up...with the gain up high and the deck maxed out and all the other stuff maxed out you'r going to clipp that amp hardcore, which inevitably will kill your sub....sell the amp, get soemthing with more power. you probly dont notice much distortion in the sealed box since the SExxx and XXX really are good about not putting out much distortion at all.....i clipped by orion 1200d really bad on my xxx and i ended up haveing to get it reconed, set me back another 150 bucks......get a bigger amp for that sub you dont have to max it out. trust me...cause when u do have the gains and everything set correctly you're like, hey ...i miss that extra ummpphhh that sub had when it was all turned up...by haveing an amp your not maxing out it give you that umphh and headroom to not clip or blow equpiment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.