real scoop on S2w8?

So your going to choose Cadence 8"s infinity 8"s over SA & DD 8"??? I gotta tell ya, I've owned SA, DD, Cadence (these very one's your asking about), infinity, Sound Splinter, AA, Skar, Type R, and many others all 8"s, and the 2 you just picked would be at the very bottom of the list. I would ever go as far as to say i'd pick Kicker L7 8" over them. Not trying to bash you, just trying to understand you to help you with your decision making. There are several more 8"s out than just the one's I listed as well.
this man has own alot of 8s i can vouch for that.....

Last edited by a moderator:
well i got my system all setup and ready to hit and then the speakers didnt move.... I got absolutely no movement from the 8s, but the conclusion was that I got a bad batch from when they first came out of being too stiff so sent the old ones back and they sent me new ones(still waiting for the new ones to arrive....sitting in Cali still for the past 3 days now)

Not enough output.lmao. They just hit a 52.1 with a single sa8v2. How much more ya need?
how about a music score? Don't bring burp **** into an obvious music thread. Sure they are nice subwoofers but don't try to make them out to be more then they are.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

well i got my system all setup and ready to hit and then the speakers didnt move.... I got absolutely no movement from the 8s, but the conclusion was that I got a bad batch from when they first came out of being too stiff so sent the old ones back and they sent me new ones(still waiting for the new ones to arrive....sitting in Cali still for the past 3 days now)
thats not it, go over all your wiring.

Jacob himself said in the v.2 thread that it wont be able to be as low and have as much output as the cvl revision 2
I'm not sure where you are getting that information exactly ?

I've never tested a newer Cadence 8 at all (I have a handful of older CVL-8s in the back somewhere)... and the SA-8 v.2 crushes the SA-8 v.1 on low-end in a ported box; although, neither revision does very well sealed.

PS: As we are in the Cadence section; the older CVL-8 I tested was quite good -- very nice spider on that one.

As stated before, the S2w8s are fine.
Red had bought his set wayyyyyyyyyyyy back..But everything is being taken care of, once red gets the new set, im sure he will be happy with them.

Stay tuned!
i got my new set from fedex and installed...... im still trying to get my amp setup correctly. getting a mulimeter this weekend to help set the gains etc. i will say these subs can handle more than the setup i have(running 2 of them off the cadence momentum 5000.1 @ 1200w rms x 1ohm). i get little excursion from the sub witht he quick tune i did by ear. like i said still messing with the amp, but i maybe upgrading the amp to a bigger one, esp since these subs have more punch in them than what im giving them. may have to talk to the rep and see if it maybe possible to trade up amps....

will post up more this weekend after i play with the settings a few more.... just havent had a chance this week due to work.

i got my new set from fedex and installed...... im still trying to get my amp setup correctly. getting a mulimeter this weekend to help set the gains etc. i will say these subs can handle more than the setup i have(running 2 of them off the cadence momentum 5000.1 @ 1200w rms x 1ohm). i get little excursion from the sub witht he quick tune i did by ear. like i said still messing with the amp, but i maybe upgrading the amp to a bigger one, esp since these subs have more punch in them than what im giving them. may have to talk to the rep and see if it maybe possible to trade up amps....
will post up more this weekend after i play with the settings a few more.... just havent had a chance this week due to work.
Sounds great. Sorry I haven't been on the boards as much, just been busy keeping up with customer support and ads..

Thegrimey one, you have to keep in mind things that ad to cost of a product. Design/Advertising, soft-parts etc...The outside basket itself, can be made with a few diff grades of metals..most of which you would never be able to tell the difference.

Either way buy with your ears and wallet, not hype and marketing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

audio_guy

10+ year member
audio_guy
Arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from