Rear speaker louder than Front ??!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

boutchsk8
10+ year member

Québec
Hi, recently move my 4ch amp for the amp rack I made. So I decided to change my speaker wire for Monster speaker wire, make a new ground etc.... and when I plug the amp back the rear speaker was way more louder then my front speaker. My fader is at 0 and my fader of my EQ is at 0 to.

I can ear the front but the volume is very low...

Before i move the amp everything was ok

Someone know why ???

I realy need your help guys because I'm new to car audio.

Sounds like the front ones might be out of phase and they get cancelled out. Try swapping the speaker wire for the fronts and see if that helps (flip the positive and the negatives around at the amp).

You may have to turn the gain on the amp down for the rears, and up a bit for the front.Make sure that the +,and- wires are on properly to each speaker..Check that out too.Fade to the front as much as you can,or last resort, pull them off the amp, and run of hu,with bass blockers?

I agree with the above, I would also make sure if you ran new speaker wire that none of the wire is pinched by mental that may cause it to short, there should be alot more problems if that were the issue, but stranger has happened to me. Also, make sure you didn't accidentally plug your rear spk into the front channels and visa versa.

So I try to swapping the speaker wire and it don't work.

But I see that my the "INPUT SENS" control on the amp was not the same for the two chanal

The rear was at 0.3 and the front( the low volume one ) was at 1.0.

Should they be at the same sensitivity ?

Is that 0.3 and 1.0 volt? If this is the case your front is quiter because it thinks it needs to see 0.7 volts of potential more than the rear to produce the same output. Try setting them to the same and see of this doesn't solve your issue, however I would recommend setting them to the output voltage on the preouts in the HU

That not working

But i see that when I go on my HU in the fader option , if I put the front at F15( that is the max ) they don't play but when I put the rear at R15 they play and only the rear play and this is normal but for the front speaker there is a serious problem.

are they the same speakers? you may be at different impedences.

also the waves from the rear speakers may be in more direct contact with you than your fronts. in my 2door thats how it is, so i adjust the fade appropriately.

I have a similar problem except opposite. I have a stock system in my 03 Ford Explorer. I transferred my old cars Kenwood 500w into the rear. With just those it everything sounded way better (of course vs stock). Just got around to installing the fronts someone got me for Xmas. Pioneer 350w. The front is way louder than the back which makes me sad because now when I fade them to equal out the the front still sounds good but the back just sounds mleh.

Yes but me, before I move my amp. everything was ok, the front was playing like the rear.

I probably do something worng when pluging everything back , and its not that the front are out of phase.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.