Recomendations

if you like them then go ahead. Just find them used, dont buy new. A 12W6 is 125 to 150 dollars and a 12w7 is 200 to 275 for pricing reference. You paying anymore for JL subs, then you are getting it up the butt hard.

I like the JL subs, so which do you guys recomend for a 99 Silverado extended cab? Thanks in advance.
How much space do you have for a box?

if you like them then go ahead. Just find them used, dont buy new. A 12W6 is 125 to 150 dollars and a 12w7 is 200 to 275 for pricing reference. You paying anymore for JL subs, then you are getting it up the butt hard.
I'd say up to 350 is fair for used W7. They're good sounding and capable of getting loud. There's a guy up my way that does 151.7 with a pair of W7 12's on a couple Sundown 2K's. They sound really good.

I have a 2000 k/2500 (older square body style) extended cab. If you remove the rear seat there is the next question of if you want a wall or a below window line type of enclosure. If you are willing to walk it off the sky is the limit. But, if you would like to keep the build below the window line you will be limiting your space options.

I'm currently about to build dual 12" box for my truck and have several 12's lined up to try out to see what I like best. Depending on your budget I'd suggest looking at some sundown x,zv4/5, or even some wardens or psi platform subs if you'd rather go that route. Lots of people here can help chime in on their favorite brands of drivers, but my opinion would be to hammer down what kind of space you are willing to sacrifice first..

How much space do you have for a box?

I'd say up to 350 is fair for used W7. They're good sounding and capable of getting loud. There's a guy up my way that does 151.7 with a pair of W7 12's on a couple Sundown 2K's. They sound really good.
350 is what a 13.5w7 goes for in my neck of the woods

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.