recone guys need help

enerlevel
10+ year member

asia
pics of my Alpine type X coil... wasnt burnt by me....

ok need some help here...

1) if i make the exact coil size using the exact winging (length etc) [luckly one of the coil is just black but still has its original winding intact which i can copy]

so would it sound any different from the original?

2) wat glue or paste should i use on top of the coils to keep it cooler? (the original coil has some aluminium sheet type thing over it.)

3) have a blown jlw127. i know the gauge of the wire, but dont not know the length of the coil.. and everytime i recone it , it either sounds bad , hits the bottom or is not 3ohms.. ..... does anyone know the length of the coil?

4) if i try to make a 2ohms coil on this jl12w7... what will be the drawback? will it sound the same as original?

i have rebuilt the type x and made it alot louder and sound even better. pm mrezstreet on here its his woofer...
thanks.... could u share some tips tht i should take into consideration?

take the basket off and throw it out then use a 4 or 12 spoke. also use a 8layer coil in this motor...
8 layer? mines a 1242D originally it has just 4 layer dual 4 ohms.....

the newer model has 1243D and is 6 layer dual 4 ohms..

aaah man wat a screw up!!!

i made the exact same coil size,length,wire gauge as off the original type x......

but after the recone, the multimeter shows me 5.5 ohms:mad: per coil and running parallel it shows 3.5 ohms...

where did i screw up? do i need to recone again?

my amp is mrd-m1000

500@ 4ohms

1000@2ohms

ummm how did you make the coil?
i checked the coil with the gauge meter and it showed me size 26.

then i wind the coil exactly how it was b4...

everything turned out excellent. the woofer doesnt even show any signs of repair

but on the multimeter, it shows me 5.5ohms each.

do you have a winding machine? you cant wind a coil by hand. there is a coil winding machine at work but they out source coils because that should be left to the pro's trust me.

do you have a winding machine? you cant wind a coil by hand. there is a coil winding machine at work but they out source coils because that should be left to the pro's trust me.
ya i do have a manual machine on which i made the coil.

the woofer which u recone, do u get them with the exact ohms as b4?

i played the woofer today. it seems fine..... but yes i do hear somthing scraping the cone when the volume is low....

on high volumes it goes away

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.