replace head unit on 2003 infiniti M45-PLEASE HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

konart420

I have a 2003 infiniti M45, and it comes stock with a **** tape player... I have a new headunit I want to install but its not the usual wires in normal harnesses. I have tried to install it without an interface unit, since I cant find one anywhere. PAC audio, Scosche, Metra... nobody makes any kind of an integration module for this vehicle.. Do I need to bypass the Bose system? I am lost with this vehicle.. I have installed many of audio systems in day, but never worked with any kind of a databus set-up before and never had an issue getting power to my unit. I have included a diagram of the harnesses and the wires. A lot of these wires Ive never heard of and have no idea what to tie in with them.. If someone can please help me / walk me thru this I would really appreciate it. I am getting so tired of this **** tape player and still having to use a AUX jack tape adapter.. Please someone give me some insight! Thank you very much

It would be helpful if you posted the unit you are trying to install in it's place.

Also:

Does the new unit have DVD?

Does the new unit come with bluetooth phone?

Does your vehicle have the CD changer included

Are you adding a new amp/speakers?

Finding that wiring diagram is a bonus, with a decent multimeter you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

very sorry, yes I am wanting to replace it with the Kenwood DDX 770. I have tried to install it without the harness based off the color code chart and diagrams i have come across but still could not get power. It does have the DVD, Bluetooth and all of those features. the vehicle did come with the disc changer but since it would never work properly and the carousel got messed over time, I removed it but left the harness for it. I cant find any accessories, or integration modules, harnesses or anything, so i figured I would just try to splice it in, but dont know if im doing something wrong. theres wires listed there that Im guessing are data lines and have no idea what to do with them. With this being Bose integrated, and a databus system, I dont know if the multiswitch or relay or something is stopping it from recieving power or what. I can find very limited information orline..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.