Rockford 1500 @ 2ohms 2 much for MacDaddy's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

subopposite

VT
I have 2 12" Diamond Audio MacDaddy subwoofers. They are 500RMS a piece. Both are wired together into a 2 ohm load and being pushed by a Rockford 800a2 amp, which obviously is rated to put out at least 800 RMS. So that's a minimum of 400 to each sub.

I would like to get a bigger amp to push these subs harder. I figured getting an amp slightly larger is pointless as I would probably hear no difference, so I thought about getting a 1500bd.

Does anyone think that would be a problem. Would it kill my speakers? Would they be able to take the power? At the time, those subwoofers were Diamond Audio's biggest subs, so I would think they should be able to take some good power.

Anyone have a thought on this?

they'll take it, just be careful. My cousin's shop used to deal a lot of Diamond, and the Mac Daddy's they would generally run over 600 rms to them. Just don't go crazy w/ the gains.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.