Rockvilles new subs

I just might pick-up a pair of those K9 15's... I'm goin' nutz with a single L7 10" in the car atm. Anyone wager as to how they'll actually last with a Synergy 3K feeding them?.. & I'll probably be pretty hard on em too. But at least it'll only be one amp at this stage not the 2 like I plan on using eventually.
It's gonna be a while before I save up enuff for what I want to run eventually so these would only have to last 5-6 months. Who knows?.. a set of those in a S-10 Blazer just might do OK for a bit and once I get all set the box will be built for what I think I'm getting eventually.

Should I give it a shot?.. $130 ea ... lol
Do it just to be different and fk around lol. The subs dont look half bad for low end budget stuff. Their amps do close to rated on the dynos so their subs shouldn't be that bad. A guy on facebook broke 150s with the cheapo older version K6s. Four 40(at that time) dollar 12s below the windowline on a pure audio 3k with a musical box. The 152 was from a soundqubed 3500.1. Pretty sure its almost all china made off the shelf, there's no way they can do that price point with anything other than chinese manufacturing.

4fgEvK.jpg

Do it just to be different and fk around lol. The subs dont look half bad for low end budget stuff. Their amps do close to rated on the dynos so their subs shouldn't be that bad. A guy on facebook broke 150s with the cheapo older version K6s. Four 40(at that time) dollar 12s below the windowline on a pure audio 3k with a musical box. The 152 was from a soundqubed 3500.1. Pretty sure its almost all china made off the shelf, there's no way they can do that price point with anything other than chinese manufacturing.
4fgEvK.jpg
I've seen 158 with 6 90$ elemental designs E series subs. He paid like 500 for the 6 12s and 350 for 2 jbl bp1200.1s. Walled but I'd dare anyone to read the speed limit..

I just might pick-up a pair of those K9 15's... I'm goin' nutz with a single L7 10" in the car atm. Anyone wager as to how they'll actually last with a Synergy 3K feeding them?.. & I'll probably be pretty hard on em too. But at least it'll only be one amp at this stage not the 2 like I plan on using eventually.
It's gonna be a while before I save up enuff for what I want to run eventually so these would only have to last 5-6 months. Who knows?.. a set of those in a S-10 Blazer just might do OK for a bit and once I get all set the box will be built for what I think I'm getting eventually.

1J6wYc.jpg

Should I give it a shot?.. $130 ea ... lol
Do it, be the trend setter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have been thinking about the K6 12d4 in 1.75cu.ft tuned to 34hz. Not sure of what power I would run. Would love to get my hands on an old school Kicker ZX750
i would think 1k or less would be good.. i'd like to get that too but idk if i can pass up the bigger one run 1100rms to that in 2.2cf and set gain low for a while and see how it does..

2 15's in that blazer is gon' be a tight fit!!
On a side note, they claim Korean coils are better than Japan....or vise versa. Thought USA coils were better?
Precision Econowind (Florida) makes the best coils available. That said if you have a budget they can skimp just the same as China, though dealing in the states things are a lot more up front what you'll actually sacrifice.

To this thread, go ahead and buy a 100$ "4000W" sub and see what happens.

一分钱一分货

I'm sure the factory in China will tell you they will deliver the EXACT same thing as the RE product for half the money and may even deliver you a prototype to spec but what are you actually going to get? Can any of you tell the difference between y40 and y20 magnet? How about can you tell if you're getting a good quality steel of the correct grade as opposed to some abortion of recycled scrap?

You really think Rockville is buying coils for 20$ a pop from Precision Econowind and shipping them to China to have them assembled and shipped back? I'd be very suspicious at the price point.

Keep supporting this crap and that's what the market will keep offering us. Buy gutter brands every 6 months when they either fail or you are disappointed with performance.

I've seen guys using junk brands and getting "loud" too, but then seen the same guys gain 4-5dB when they decide to invest in decent quality.

Precision Econowind (Florida) makes the best coils available. That said if you have a budget they can skimp just the same as China, though dealing in the states things are a lot more up front what you'll actually sacrifice.

一分钱一分货

I'm sure the factory in China will tell you they will deliver the EXACT same thing as the RE product for half the money and may even deliver you a prototype to spec but what are you actually going to get? Can any of you tell the difference between y40 and y20 magnet? How about can you tell if you're getting a good quality steel of the correct grade as opposed to some abortion of recycled scrap?

You really think Rockville is buying coils for 20$ a pop from Precision Econowind and shipping them to China to have them assembled and shipped back? I'd be very suspicious at the price point.

Keep supporting this crap and that's what the market will keep offering us. Buy gutter brands every 6 months when they either fail or you are disappointed with performance.

I've seen guys using junk brands and getting "loud" too, but then seen the same guys gain 4-5dB when they decide to invest in decent quality.
That's who I was talking about too, PE. Anyone/any company will lie to get people to buy. That is all.

一分钱一分货

Lol junk can get loud ..I remember back around 2005 ..I helped a friend in a box design that was sealed using 6 Urban Audio White basket 12s with purple cones ..that were less than $20 each .my friend and I built 3 sealed boxes positioned them rear firing in an extended cab Dodge Dakota and turned it into a pseudo bandbass style setup ..then I let him borrow some early Cadence monoblock I had bought off eBay for about $200 I think it was a high current model I vaguely remember it but I do remember it had a carbon fiber across the top ..that was popular during fast and furious time frame ..anyway with the cheap subs we got to the show ..he went through stock class and popped right at a 150 and took first ..it amazed everybody there lol ..I actually doubled my money on the amp to someone at the show to help pay or expenses ..we got back and tore all of it out of the truck ..but anyway cheap systems can get loud too

I knew I've seen that basket somewhere:
http://reaudio.com/products/woofers_***_v2.php

replace *** with sex...fucking filters on this site are retarded

Chinese knockoff of another piece of Chinese trash...no thanks

edit: I hate Trump- but he is right for going after China for forcing American businesses to hand over their trade secrets to Chinese businesses in order to do business. This is a prime example of that happening. RE Audio's design was made public for other companies to freely copy and Rockville did it most likely using cheaper parts.

Flea market grade
First thing that I saw as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.