rotate your tires regularly folks!

i decided to rotate my tires today cause i'm taking my car on a trip to upper FL and just wanted to get a good look on my tread wear. OUCH!

so guys, just check your tires. especially if the cars lowered. premature tread wear is FTL.

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

looks like your out of alignment. Negative camber FTL. I've never had a problem with any of my lowered vehicles.
i need to roll my rear fenders so my camber was set to highest possible w/o having the wheel hit the car. then with all the weight in the trunk it lowered the rear much much more and threw my camber way negative. so i need to make some adjustments but more importantly roll the fenders.

i need to roll my rear fenders so my camber was set to highest possible w/o having the wheel hit the car. then with all the weight in the trunk it lowered the rear much much more and threw my camber way negative. so i need to make some adjustments but more importantly roll the fenders.
There ya go... I actually got custom coils made for a friends car that I walled. With the drop it was making the tires rub and tons of negative camber, but the new coils have a heavier pay-laod and now keep the original lowered amount with all the system weight. Although the ride is a little stiff. But thats nothing you can't deal with.

Can't rotate my tires. A POS room mate slashed one of them and it has plugs in the sidewall. It has been good for over a year, but both the guy that fixed it and the guy that sold it to me said to leave it on the rear wheel so if the plugs do let loose I won't lose steering. I do plan on getting them balanced this week while I am home though.

Can't rotate my tires. A POS room mate slashed one of them and it has plugs in the sidewall. It has been good for over a year, but both the guy that fixed it and the guy that sold it to me said to leave it on the rear wheel so if the plugs do let loose I won't lose steering. I do plan on getting them balanced this week while I am home though.
How much does a new tire cost for your car? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

ehhh i would just buy the cheapest tire possible to hold off until a good quality tire other than riding with a plug in your sidewall..

Why not get new tires?

I would've made that prick pay for new tires if my someone ever slashed mine.

When I get my oil change at Midas they do it for free, saves me some time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

How much does a new tire cost for your car? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Not a ton, ~$100-$150 for 1 I would assume.

ehhh i would just buy the cheapest tire possible to hold off until a good quality tire other than riding with a plug in your sidewall..
I have 4 wheel drive, if I had a different tire on that wasn't close enough in size it could cause damage. Plus, I was up at school and I got them at home 550 miles away. I have put about 10-15K miles on it since then no problem. Also, I asked the guy who put the plug in as well as the guy I bought it from if it was safe and would hold, both places assured me it would even when the one could have made another tire sale to me.

Why not get new tires?
I would've made that prick pay for new tires if my someone ever slashed mine.
We didn't have any actual proof but it was a 99% certainty, but there's no way he would have paid for one anyway.

@FBI90909: hey man, how did you go from having a NICE piece of @ss on your avatar, to a disturbingly gay sig:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused:

I used to look forward to your posts and replies just to check out that @ss... Now, NOT SOW MUCH...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fbi9O9O9

Banned
fbi9O9O9
Key West, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from