Running new battery wires, what size?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sirsaechao
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
I have a 02 Tacoma and if anyone knows, they are reverse terminal setup so if I go to town to get a replacement battery like a Optima, they are 34/78 when I need 34R (aka reverse post). I have been using 2 battery side terminal adapters on the top posts to extend it for a year now and I have enough time to run new battery cables. What size is ideal? 4 gauge? 2? 1/0? and why? Also will a couple of these JL Audio battery terminal be good JL Audio XB-BTU (xbbtu) - Battery Terminals - Sonic Electronix or is it over kill? If so I am open for battery connector terminal suggestions as well. Thanks.

terminals like that just make it easier to run all your wires if you run more than 1 amp. you can get em cheaper than that tho. like $20 at the local shop or somethin

Indeed it is. Just cleans up the terminal under the hood. I am running two JL amps to a cap but just one 4 gauge to fuse to cap. I know for sure I need two on each terminal. But wasn't sure if what else is decent to buy and cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.