Shops and Torque Seal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

WrenchGuy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Do any of you shop guys Torque Seal or mark amplifier settings before they leave?

Say your settings are tampered with and the customer comes back trying to refund or warranty something?

Some people just have the type of friends that will touch up the shops work...lol

Just wondering if its practiced.

should be used if it isnt.... I wonder if there's a tamper proof seal you could use over the pots
Yes its called Torque Seal. I experienced working on Turbine Engines. Just about every nut and bolt on the engine gets it to prove torque was witnessed by QC.

Its pricey but there could be an alternative such as nail polish or something.

wouldn't that fck up the finish on the amp? the stuff dries hard. i also experienced it with turbine engines, flight controls, landing gear, accumulators, etc etc on helo's.

wouldn't that fck up the finish on the amp? the stuff dries hard. i also experienced it with turbine engines, flight controls, landing gear, accumulators, etc etc on helo's.

I guess it would be shop preference.

I was more or less wondering if it was practiced to have a way of knowing your settings were changed.

One could simply use a sharpie to do it, typically if something is "changed" to the point of ruining a piece of equipment, especially a piece that you are used to installing, its rather obvious that isn't where you had it.

I wouldnt think marking the settings on the amp with a sharpie is gonna help much.... after they blow it up they'll just put the settings back where they were originally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.