Should i go active?

bmoney9
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bay Area
I have been thinking about going active in my car. I have the Pioneer premier 720 prs components and right now powered by a sundown 100.4. I am thinking about going active but obviously i would be getting a new head unit. I kno it will take much more time to get my settings the way i would like them so my question is.. IS it worth going active? What are the advantages and disadvantages? i.e. louder, clearer, better front imaging?

you don't need a new headunit, you can go active with the sax 100.4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

With that HU and That amp, you should be able to do a front two way pretty easily.
and i would do that by useing the dials on the amp. correct? and giving each speaker and tweeter their own +-?

well i need to do more research then. i thought i needed a headunit with processing.
Whats your definition of processing? That HU has enough to suit what you want depending on what speakers you use.

and i would do that by useing the dials on the amp. correct? and giving each speaker and tweeter their own +-?
Yes the dials. And the + and -... you mean positive and negative power connections?

Whats your definition of processing? That HU has enough to suit what you want depending on what speakers you use.

Yes the dials. And the + and -... you mean positive and negative power connections?
yea i mean the positive and negative. and what benefits would i have of going active? cuase i kno the tuning will take a while.

It might be a good experience, or a huge waste of time. Some probably won't feel the extra potential is worth it. I guess it would depend on what your tastes and standards are.

It might be a good experience, or a huge waste of time. Some probably won't feel the extra potential is worth it. I guess it would depend on what your tastes and standards are.
Perfect answer.

I personally love mine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

this is all good to know. i think i will try it and see how it goes. its sounds cool to mix and match speakers and see how they perform

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.