Should I look into deadening my car soon?

Hello, my SA12's should be arriving on tuesday and I am super excited.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to deaden my car soon? Does it affect the sound quality on the inside of the vehicle or does it just stop the trunk/doors from rattling so bad?

I noticed that with my 12 inch Type R's that my trunk rattles like crazy, but I can't really notice the rattles when I'm inside the car because the bass is so loud haha.

If I were to deaden at least my trunk, would it make a big difference in sound quality? I'm not exactly sure the whole purpose behind deadening a car besides to stop rattles.

Also how much should I expect to spend on some decent deadener? Would most likely just deaden my trunk unless you guys recommend doing doors as well.

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have around 200$ to spend after selling the Type R's

In case this helps, after a lot of research, and then reading Raamaudio's install guide, I just ordered 50 sqft of 60 mil deadner from Audio Technix and 42 sq ft of Ensolite peal and stick from Raamaudio. Using the "CA" promo code for 7% off at Audio Technix for that part of the order, it all came to just under $200 shipped for me for both.

Thanks for the discount code! Didn't know about it until now.

I feel like if I deaden my car, I wouldn't even notice the difference unless I am outside of my car. Am I right?

Especially with two SA12s on 1600 watts. I'm probably wrong though

I am sure your back deck makes audible noise in the car or at least now will. It should "tighten" up your bass and in most cases tends to help on the meter. When in traffic do you want to be one of those extremely loud farting cars? If not this will help get rid of some of the dirty looks you may get from time to time.

I am sure your back deck makes audible noise in the car or at least now will. It should "tighten" up your bass and in most cases tends to help on the meter. When in traffic do you want to be one of those extremely loud farting cars? If not this will help get rid of some of the dirty looks you may get from time to time.
I usually turn it down at the stop lights, but I'll order a 25 foot roll of Audio Technix tomorrow after I deposit some cash.

Think 25 feet will be more than enough for a couple layers on the trunk lid?

Also is a roller necessary or is there a household item that would work equally well?

it works..and is worth it..i wouldnt go all/out unless you decide you are going to be keeping the car/or for a while..its deff time consuming,and can get frustrating..if you do put it in..i recommend using a heat gun to make it apply much better after cleaning the surface..well worth it for final results..may not completely stop the rattling/vibrating,but majority of it, and enhances the sq for certain

most come with a roller...if not..lowes,or you can get a laminite roller do just fine..id get 50 if you can afford it,use some on the doors also..kill out some road noise up front /get better sound out of your speakers,and,i recommend cutting small sections/like 1ft sections be easier to apply also..

I usually turn it down at the stop lights, but I'll order a 25 foot roll of Audio Technix tomorrow after I deposit some cash.

Also is a roller necessary or is there a household item that would work equally well?
25 will be enough to get a nice helping in the trunk and back deck. A roller is not 100% necessary but makes life easier. A clean surface, some elbow grease and a few hours will do the job. Realize though that once you cut it the edges get very sharp and when not using a roller you may cut your fingers a few times.

you got a pool table? ive used a que ball before..lol works..lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.