si mag v3

kj1982
10+ year member

How does the mag compare to a 2005 re xxx is it a better sounding sub on music or does it blend better with components basically if you could have a set of four of either sub which would you choose and why i already have a few xxx 12s but I'm curious if i should go another route

They are similar sounding, but the xxx will be able to take more power and get louder. The mag is my favorite sub out of all that I've owned. It doesn't need a huge box or a ton of power to get loud. And for what it is, it sounds great.

i liked my mag 15 better than my friends xxx 15. just grab some mags, si is bringing them back out, so you can get brand new mag 12's cheap. the xxx can take more power

Mags sound nice, very similar to the first generation fi q.

XXX are an aquired taste. Either you love them or you dont. Zero distortion on them. I like the XBL^2 sound.

Honesty cant really go wrong with either.

Mags have a bit more beef to their sound IMO. The old xxx is just plain smooth. Not many subs to compare the xxx to. The chances of you liking either one is very high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kj1982

10+ year member
kj1982
TERRE HAUTE,IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from