Silverstar Headlights 9005 9006 9007.

I have run these bulbs in my 04 silverado for 2 years now. No melted harness or socket for me.
Word thats what year sierra i got and ive had em for 1.5 years.

I have a set and have the upgrade headlight harness as well (you will need this to run these lamps and not burn up your factory harness). They are much brighter than standard Hologen lamps but have a lot more glare (still much better than those stupid blue bulds).
You wont need to upgrade your wiring harness for these bulbs. The are the same wattage as a stock bulb, so there is no way that they will burn up the harness. Im running a pair of 9006 for my low beams and h3 for my fog lights in my 13 year old car with the original harness and no problems so far.

end.

I may need a set of 9007's for my '01 Altima. One of my bulbs went out but I may buy a friend's set. However, for this price, I'll buy them brand new.

I'll keep in touch.

^ dude, I mean buying them from you....

Sorry I wasn't clear in my statement...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a set and have the upgrade headlight harness as well (you will need this to run these lamps and not burn up your factory harness). They are much brighter than standard Hologen lamps but have a lot more glare (still much better than those stupid blue bulds).

I do believe you are thinking of HID's

ive been running silverstars in my explorer for 2 years with no problems.

and to be honest HID's dont even need an "upgraded harness" or in this case a relay.

You wont need to upgrade your wiring harness for these bulbs. The are the same wattage as a stock bulb, so there is no way that they will burn up the harness. Im running a pair of 9006 for my low beams and h3 for my fog lights in my 13 year old car with the original harness and no problems so far.
end.

They may be the same wattage but they burn much hotter (how do you think they put out more light?) or at least they do in the Ford Superduty's. Like I said, the F250 must have a $hitty socket. It is actually the socket that can melt as the OP said. Not trying to take any sales from the OP at all. These lights do put out much more light than the oem bulbs and are a great upgrade.

Mike Troll;

I was not refering to HID's. I know HID's use much less wattage and run much cooler.

Bump for a good price on some awesome bulbs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

04blackgmc

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
04blackgmc
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies