Sixteen Fifteen's

I still dont like the old white amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Maybe i was wrong about the SPL amps, but really i never liked anything profile. Vut still with like 20 amps and 16 15's im sure it was loud. I remember a guy had an omni with a few of those SPL amps and the old pyle driver subs, the ones with the purple surround. It was faded grey with 13x7 reverse offset wire wheels. Looked like a dune buggy. I gurantee wheels stuck out like 6". The early 90's were fun.

The system in the van was built three times

The first was with Phoenix Gold High Current 44 watt amps and Rockford Subs

The second was Original Profile amps

The third setup was with Profile SPL amps and subs (in which I was the director of technical development for Profile at the time)

The original 500 watt system did 150 db competed a few times with it

The system only got louder with the larger amps

Since it was a factory demo vehicle I normally would not compete with it; however I had a few grudge matches, set a few state spl records ( 155-158 db) and SQ awards

I really miss that van, was tons of fun; wish I had not ever sold it

The system did it all; was very loud, play extremely low bass

We played only music back then, no tone sweeps

Very good sound quality

The install speaks for it self

The thing was so reliable too; I would have the thing at some stereo shop every few days pounding on it with people in and out of it all day

The whole point was to prove good but inexpensive equipment done right could keep-up and even outperformed the popular more expensive brands

The Profile California series amplifiers (white amps with the lights) became the best selling amplifier for Crutchfiels (and that’s a lot of amp) at the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zierbox

10+ year member
Only The Very Best
zierbox
texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date