Skar VXF 15 vs ZVX-15V2

Ven0m

CarAudio.com Recruit
Has anyone had experience with either or even better - both models? I'm after high sound quality that bangs! And skar is cheap enough to be a viable option for me. I currently have two punch P3s 12s and they aren't cutting it for my anymore lol.

Ur talking going 300-600 rms subs to 1500 rms subs...and 15’s which are going to consume way more space. Is your current amp
Large enough for your rockfords.
Is your enclosure custom or
Prefab? Regarding the skars,
Are you ready for all that? You can buy some budget 12’s for way less but more power/output is always more $$$, not just subs

Ur talking going 300-600 rms subs to 1500 rms subs...and 15’s which are going to consume way more space. Is your current amp
Large enough for your rockfords.
Is your enclosure custom or
Prefab? Regarding the skars,
Are you ready for all that? You can buy some budget 12’s for way less but more power/output is always more $$$, not just subs
Yeah I have an audiopipe 1500 on them, the fosgates are 600rms each. They sound great. But don't give off the volume I would like - I have gotten used to them I suppose. I have them in a prefab right now, was planning on saving a custom made for the 15s. What's weird with the p3s is the bass rollsoff at like 20ish volume on HU and the door speakers then overpower the subs. Idk but yeah I was hoping to upgrade to 15s soon

so your subs can take 2400 watts on the higher side, your feeding them a 1500 watt amp that depending on electrical and box rise and is giving you probably around 600 watts, in a prefab box not built to those subs? Is your current box sealed or ported?

I see your point about waiting for your next subs for custom but are your really trying to buy all new equipment? A new box would be the most budget conscious first step

so your subs can take 2400 watts on the higher side, your feeding them a 1500 watt amp that depending on electrical and box rise and is giving you probably around 600 watts, in a prefab box not built to those subs? Is your current box sealed or ported?

I see your point about waiting for your next subs for custom but are your really trying to buy all new equipment? A new box would be the most budget conscious first step
Really? I assumed the roll off was from the subs maxing out, not being able to take more power. They are 1200 max but max is usually a made up number for some of these caraudio companies. I'll have to try a new box and see

If I had to pick between the p3s and the skar subs. 0 thought process p3s all day long. Build or have built a proper box for them.
Are you using a factory hu with a loc. Factory roll off could also be an issue

Interesting how much this has been coming up lately
More and more people are having to use the factory hu on these newer cars.
Way op describes it kinda sounds like factory roll off to me. Volume gets to a certain point and bass starts rolling off. I'm sure box isn't great also.

Last edited:
If I had to pick between the p3s and the skar subs. 0 thought process p3s all day long. Build or have built a proper box for them.
Are you using a factory hu with a loc. Factory roll off could also be an issue
No I'm using a pioneer 2300nex hu (4v preoutput) it seems like it gradually gets louder until a certain point and then it stays there and doesnt get louder than that. Gain was set correctly as well. I have them in a ported box, however it is oversized. I mean, don't get me wrong they are loud I'm just feel like they have more in them and something's holding them back. Could the amp not have enough power?

No I'm using a pioneer 2300nex hu (4v preoutput) it seems like it gradually gets louder until a certain point and then it stays there and doesnt get louder than that. Gain was set correctly as well. I have them in a ported box, however it is oversized. I mean, don't get me wrong they are loud I'm just feel like they have more in them and something's holding them back. Could the amp not have enough power?
Did you check your voltage at the amp? What size power wire are you running to that amp. What vehicle again?

[QUOTE="Ven0m, post: 8686978, . Could the amp not have enough power?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah
Stock electrical? Also can you provide a link to the box you're using? Answer bcotrells questions too

Gain was set correctly as well.
What method did you use to set the gain?
I've seen P3-12's do fairly well even on lower power, if the volume stops increasing it's possible the enclosure is holding it back. Port compression is real, can limit output and it don't take much power to get P3's moving in my experience.
Got a picture, link or measurements for the prefab enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.