SMD Distortion Detector Testing and Review!

People dont get how cheap those things are. You can seriously make one yourself with DIY parts you can get online..
um are you alive? we're in america. we are lazy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

People dont get how cheap those things are. You can seriously make one yourself with DIY parts you can get online..
So make it and market it to us for cheap, or do a DIY thread of how to make our own and where to source the components....lol.

Scopes don't show distortion though sir.
Then you're using a scope incorrectly.

Considering you can buy a handheld scope for that price, I'd say it's too expensive...
Not a decent one.

Where do you think that distortion comes from if not from clipping?
Some amps just are more distorted as an inherent part of their design (Class C doesn't reproduce 360 degrees of the wave, Class B suffers from crossover distortion between output devices, etc). Or the transistors are just biased too close to the ragged edge.

How much does a GOOD O-scope cost is the question..lol
Couple hundred bucks can buy a used Tektronix 2-channel that will last a long time.

Klirrfaktor_3.gif
Looks like phase distortion, not clipping...

I'm just curious to know what the bandwidth of this thing is.

This will detect distortion before clipping occurs, can't always see that on some oscopes, and this is easier, seems to be the reasons so far.

I'm just curious to know what the bandwidth of this thing is.
yes thats what i was wondering. does it exceed common listening range? or does it just do say 40-400 etc? i have not really looked into it much. kind of thought it would be as affective as one of those sosche db meters that go to 130db lol.

This will detect distortion before clipping occurs, can't always see that on some oscopes, and this is easier, seems to be the reasons so far.
lol says meade, I trust him about as far as I can throw him. Besides it detects it at .1% = useless

If any of you haters every used on you would not be talking down about this tool. So what you dont like Meade, who care. What have any of you done for the industry? He's promoting a good tool, along with the CC-1. He also is promoting a good sub, getting people away from the overpriced, overrated, under built BS on the market today. He may not go about it the right way but he is doing something. How many people have watched his vids, read the comments, thinking they knew what real car audio is about only to find out they knew nothing? Now some of those people have real high end equipment. I can say I'm one of them

If any of you haters every used on you would not be talking down about this tool. So what you dont like Meade, who care. What have any of you done for the industry? He's promoting a good tool, along with the CC-1. He also is promoting a good sub, getting people away from the overpriced, overrated, under built BS on the market today. He may not go about it the right way but he is doing something. How many people have watched his vids, read the comments, thinking they knew what real car audio is about only to find out they knew nothing? Now some of those people have real high end equipment. I can say I'm one of them
strokes_it_slow_2.gif

lol says meade, I trust him about as far as I can throw him. Besides it detects it at .1% = useless
If you can hear .1% distortion in the car on the highway why do you even bother with car audio? The DD-1 makes life easier regardless if you're a noob or a professional installer. I don't own one but if I could get over my dislike of Steve Meade I would think about buying one. Sure, you can do more with a good oscilloscope, but the DD-1 is so simple anyone can use it.

For those who think you can build the same device for less, go for it. There's always room for DIY projects. If you need to thump your chest and imply everyone else is a fool for the way they choose to spend their money and time that's not going to get your message across effectively.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

twistedchild420

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
twistedchild420
East,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies