Sneak peak....sort of....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Moble Enclosurs
10+ year member

Box Designer/Builder
Ledyard, CT
People have asked me what I do to come up with my calculations for box volumes and port areas and lengths. Well, here are two pics of both the excel worksheet(edited without formulas purposely), and a response example of 2 15s anechoically calculated using it.

It is not really meant for anyone to understand what is going on here. But jsut giving you an idea of what it takes me to come up with two perceptually basic figures of volume and port compared to any online calculator, or anything else anyone uses.

The purpose here is to show those who asked me, "what do you use to model your boxes?", one of the worksheets......and I mean one of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Questions about this process or about the worksheet will unfortunately not be answered in detail. But, any other audio questions that may arise are welcome!

That looks so over complicated lol. Maybe if I find some time one of these days I could make a program for you to clean it up a bit

That looks so over complicated lol. Maybe if I find some time one of these days I could make a program for you to clean it up a bit
LOL, yea, I have a lot of organizing to do to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I just put it together last week as far as what it can do......now......what it will look like....well.....that will take another week or so, lol. Phase 1......complete!

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

But before I put this together, I did it all by hand.......now imagine that one, lol.

People have asked me what I do to come up with my calculations for box volumes and port areas and lengths. Well, here are two pics of both the excel worksheet(edited without formulas purposely), and a response example of 2 15s anechoically calculated using it. It is not really meant for anyone to understand what is going on here. But jsut giving you an idea of what it takes me to come up with two perceptually basic figures of volume and port compared to any online calculator, or anything else anyone uses.

The purpose here is to show those who asked me, "what do you use to model your boxes?", one of the worksheets......and I mean one of them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Questions about this process or about the worksheet will unfortunately not be answered in detail. But, any other audio questions that may arise are welcome!

My excel will look like that soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Moble Enclosurs

10+ year member
Box Designer/Builder
Moble Enclosurs
Ledyard, CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date