So yeah, i spoke to soon about my setup being perfect

Do you have me on ignore? no one here can trouble shoot it for you with your limited install knowledge. TAKE IT TO THE INSTALLER!!!
maybe he should go back to whoever installed it...

there...now if you are on ignore the message is out. HEHE...

Does the i-pod have an audio out so that it converts to an rca signal or are you using the headphone output? from the sounds of it you are using the headphone outs and they are continuously variable in relation to the volume control...duh. It is NOT necessary to turn the volume on the ipod up to make the system louder...that's what the VOLUME knob on the h/u is for.

If you can't fix it with what little basic knowledge 800+ posts should have helped you pick up then you SHOULD be back in the place that DID install it so they can tell you EXACTLY what trigger has told you atleast 3 or 4 times...

Pat

Oh my god, not another one of these.

You probably have the pre outs screwed up. Try swapping the front and rear preouts. Hopefull the sub preout it in the right place. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Or you just had your gains way the f up and you screwed up the driver. Are the speakers polarity reversed? Check that. If it never did it before though my guess is that the gains were wrong and your killing the speakers. You ****.

Set your gains right. Didn't the same **** happen with the Sound Splinter? Didn't it sound like crap because of the GAINS.

TURN DOWN THE GAINS FOR THE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000xth bajillointh muthafookin xinfinty time.

If you don't I'm gonna laught when you system goes up in smoke. You deserve it for not listening to anyone.

maybe he should go back to whoever installed it...
there...now if you are on ignore the message is out. HEHE...

Does the i-pod have an audio out so that it converts to an rca signal or are you using the headphone output? from the sounds of it you are using the headphone outs and they are continuously variable in relation to the volume control...duh. It is NOT necessary to turn the volume on the ipod up to make the system louder...that's what the VOLUME knob on the h/u is for.

If you can't fix it with what little basic knowledge 800+ posts should have helped you pick up then you SHOULD be back in the place that DID install it so they can tell you EXACTLY what trigger has told you atleast 3 or 4 times...

Pat
X2

If your running the headphone out you are sending a signal meant to be played back by speakers. WIth my RCA Lyra I have to be very conservative with my volume on the player in order to not overload my HU and produce lots of bad noises.

I would also go ahead and make the assumption that the problem is only with your hook up of the ipod since everythig else is working fine and it is not a problem with the hu or speakers or pretty mush anything else in the system. Go over all you ipoid wires check voltages with a multimeter to make sure your using the correct output and you should be fine.

Maybe your crossovers are sitting in a puddle of water like they were the LAST time I looked at your system?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

please log off and go see the installer NOW...thank you...that is all.
Installer WAS CC, then I took a look at it and made a couple changes here and there.

edit: And we all know how shitty CC is. I was amazed With what was going on.

Installer WAS CC, then I took a look at it and made a couple changes here and there.
edit: And we all know how shitty CC is. I was amazed With what was going on.
OH chit...sounds like he should have had some blind kid do the install instead...DOH!!!

Well isn't the input on the CD5444 Analog? Not sure if it matters with Ipod. How did they attach the cord to your bezel?

do you have to turn the volume up all the way on your Ipod to get it to sound right? If so you may need one of those amplifiers for your Ipod to CD player... Maybe your Ipod is sending a clipped signal to the Eclipse (due to being turned up all the way), which is then sending the cliped signal to your amp which is then sending a clipped signal to your Speakers......

Or maybe your antenna wire is loose or your HU is not grounded properly.

or Maybe the MP3 your playing is clipped on the track,,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.