soundqubed hdc subs

My wonderful wife just bought me a set of soundqubed hdc310 d1s for my birthday. Just wanted to share. It will be my 50th. What would be a good size for a box? Hoping I can get by with 3.5cuft, with maybe 32hrtz tuning. For those who may know, is that a big enough enclosure for these subs?
Im running the HDS310s/pair of dvc 2 ohm @ 2ohms on approx 1500 rms(could use more power, but afraid that my non deadened roof cant handle much more ATM) in 4.0 @32 htz, and they slamm pretty good in my CRV.Roof gets a workout with some dubsteb,and they sound pretty clean as well as loud when wanting to driving down the highway.Pretty good subs thus far.

I'm running two HDS312d2's on an audiopipe 3k amp and they are taking it like a champ. My box is 4.3 cubes tuned to 33 hertz. Only a little over 50 sq inches of port area and they are super loud. I keep breaking tabs off my interior cover pieces that I have to plastic weld back on. Just built a 4.95 cube box tuned at 34 hz for my buddies two HDC312's that we have yet to install. SQ's box recommendations go all the way up to 5 cubes for a pair of 12's. You have a wide range to choose from for box sizes. I like low end so I opt for bigger boxes.

I'm running two HDS312d2's on an audiopipe 3k amp and they are taking it like a champ. My box is 4.3 cubes tuned to 33 hertz. Only a little over 50 sq inches of port area and they are super loud. I keep breaking tabs off my interior cover pieces that I have to plastic weld back on. Just built a 4.95 cube box tuned at 34 hz for my buddies two HDC312's that we have yet to install. SQ's box recommendations go all the way up to 5 cubes for a pair of 12's. You have a wide range to choose from for box sizes. I like low end so I opt for bigger boxes.
Is there an amp dyno out on any audiopipe amps curious to what they might actually put out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did you ask for the pair of subs or she just picked whatever she wanted to order?My wife would never be able to buy something like that for me lol
Same here.

And if I point it out, she gives me the stare look.....I can find something better/useful than spending $$ on some lousy speaker".

Same here.
And if I point it out, she gives me the stare look.....I can find something better/useful than spending $$ on some lousy speaker".
Dude, if I had known she was willing to buy me some subs, I would have snagged them fuqqin re's from your azz......lofl.

Those subs are designed to tune higher than 32. Tune high 30's and use subsonic filter.
First off, their customer service is top notch. Second, I again inquired if a 4cuft box at 32-34hrtz would work, and I was then told that yes it would work, and they should POUND in that configuration. Beastly subs for sure. Very impressed with the amount of sub that I got for the money.

First off, their customer service is top notch. Second, I again inquired if a 4cuft box at 32-34hrtz would work, and I was then told that yes it would work, and they should POUND in that configuration. Beastly subs for sure. Very impressed with the amount of sub that I got for the money.
Don't suppose you modeled that tuning?

No, I have not. I am wanting some decent lows. I am not a kid, been doing this for a while, what would you suggest, so that there will still be decent lows sir?

I say tune to 35. Those hdc's don't like the lows as much as the hds's. 35 will put u in the middle and give u good low output while getting loud.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Mine pound theyre azzes off in 4.0@32 htz for a pair of HDS310s @ 2ohms..Chest banging/eye squinting at times and hit pretty clean,and roof rippling when needed..lol.

yes,, beast of a sub..

love my hdc3 15" its in a 5c.f gross tuned at 34hz and it pounds...

cant wait to get my other 2 hds2 12" .

there going into a 8.8 net box tuned at 34hz.

have 2 now......

what are you going to use for amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.