soundqubed hdc subs

I say tune to 35. Those hdc's don't like the lows as much as the hds's. 35 will put u in the middle and give u good low output while getting loud.
Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
That's just it, not really concerned about loud. What I prefer is a deep authoritive bass.

That's just it, not really concerned about loud. What I prefer is a deep authoritive bass.
If thats the case then your original box size and tune would be perfect.

Keep it 6in from a wall since sq subs are not low bass monsters and you will have that deep intense bass.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Then go ahead and tune to 32 hz. I would have went with the hds series if u aren't concerned much with loudness. Sound quality is a little better as well as the frequency response. Your sub will play well around the tuning frequency so go ahead and tune to 32 hz. U won't be disappointed. I like center ported boxes, more solid. most of the time u don't have to worry about bracing. With only 4 cubes, that's the way I would go. Are u designing and building the box yourself?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

No, I am having one built for me. Thank you dudes, for the input, I really appreciate it from.those that have these particular subs. It's going to be a few.before I have the coin for the box, so for now I will continue to.enjoy these tc2000 12s. Will let y'all know how it turns out when the time comes.

No, I am having one built for me. Thank you dudes, for the input, I really appreciate it from.those that have these particular subs. It's going to be a few.before I have the coin for the box, so for now I will continue to.enjoy these tc2000 12s. Will let y'all know how it turns out when the time comes.
Whats your budget? Many here on the forum can do it 100-150$ shipped.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Starr Mountain Sound FTMFW

Not too many subs sound like the ones you already have. You've probably been "spoiled" by the TCs, I think it'll be hard to match those. It'll sound way different with the HDCs, want to hear your impressions.

Not too many subs sound like the ones you already have. You've probably been "spoiled" by the TCs, I think it'll be hard to match those. It'll sound way different with the HDCs, want to hear your impressions.
I know what you mean about these tc subs, I will expound on the hdcs when they're installed. Again, thanks for all ya'lls input. Peace out.

Btw, I will be keeping the tc's, just needing some variety with these sq 10s. I will eventually be porting the 12s as well because they are amazing. I know that I am not the only that has ever been curious about what a particular sub may sound like, regardless of what is currently running in their vehicle. I am finally at a place in life where I can enjoy, and dabble in this here hobby a lil bit. So I thought why not check these out finally. I have seen some of ya'lls collections, will keep on doing this schit as long as I can.

Yep, same amp, just a daily driver not trying for any numbers/records. Just for my sheer enjoyment. Or I should say, me and the lil fella to enjoy, he's the boom boom under my username. The wife and daughter really don't understand. That is why the wife is awesome, doesn't understand the obsession, but will never preclude my interest in the addictive properties of this here hobby, or dare I say lifestyle that we have come to embrace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

macsdad

10+ year member
boom-boom
macsdad
Trussville, Al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date