Soundstream Amps Question

ThumpinLawyer
10+ year member

I am possbily interested in purchasing a soundstream mono amp to run my subs, but they have so many different models (i.e. Rubicon, Reference, Tarantula, Picasso, etc...)

I was hoping somebody could put the models in order of top of the line to bottom as the Soundstream website does not do a good job of explaining.

haha, I can't believe nobody knows. I wonder if that's cause their amps are crappy and nobody buys them??
Yep, their amps are crap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif...each and every one. Idiot...

The order goes like this ( with sound quality at their power ratings)

Rubicon

D-tower -Tarantula

Picasso

The reference is in its own class but the monoblack amps for that series aren't even out yet.

Rubicons are your best bet because they are cheaper than the tarantula and they have a higher sq. SS is phasing out the tarantula series at the end of the year.

Wasn't trying to be an 'a-hole'...to be honest I didn't see who posted the original question and then looked down to see your response, thinking you were another person just saying the amps were crap and dumping in someone's thread...so my mistake. my apologies.

I personally have always liked soundstream products and may be running a lot more in the future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

gotcha, I thought it was a little strange considering I was talking about buying a Soundstream that you thought I was knocking them.

I was simply trying trying to figure them all out considering they have so many different choices.

Just think of it like this.... If you purchase a new Soundstream, you are purchasing yet another Epsilon Electronics, Inc. amplifier. You know, the same guys who brought you quality products like Power Acoustik, Kole Audio, SPL Audio, and now PPI. I wish you lots of luck with your Soundstream purchase.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.