Speaker installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrBlackDragon

Hey all, after hours of scouring the internet for info I have decided to ask instead.

I want to hook up 6 speakers 2 subs and 4 door speakers.

I currently have the two subs and 2 rear speakers hooked up. I ordered 2 speakers for the front doors and want those hooked up to the same amp if possible.

By what I've found searching the internet, I believe I should be able to tie the two left speakers down to 2 ohms(channel 1), the two right speakers down to 2 ohms (channel 2)and hook each sub to its own channel(3 and 4)

Equipment:

2 10" subs rated at 2 ohms a piece

4 speakers( front door and rear) each is 4 ohms

1 4ch-1000 watt amp (ZRX1016.4 | Hifonics)

Logistically, yes. According to the specs in the link, the amplifier would be rated as below. I don't have any experience with those actual electronics, so I don't know how the whole thing will sound, but if everything stated is accurate, the following demonstrates how it should turn out.

Hooking up front and rear LEFT side together (+ to + and - to -) to the LEFT front output of the amp will give you 250 watts for those speakers to SHARE. Then hooking the front and rear RIGHT side together (+ to +, - to -) to the RIGHT front output of the amp, will give 250 watts for THOSE speakers to share. Assuming the speakers are all the same brand and model, they will all receive 125 watts a piece. There are lots of other variables as to how this will actually SOUND if you are using different sized speakers, or different brands, but it will work (according to specs on the page linked). Also, you won't have fader control, but you will have balance control.

Hook the woofers up to the rear channels of the amplifier, one to a side, and each woofer will receive 250 watts a piece.

You should be able to run the whole system off one set of RCA cables, but if you run 2 sets of RCA cables (1 front and 1 rear) from the head unit to the amp, you can use the fader control to adjust the bass volume, but you won't be able to control the volume of the front and rear speakers separately if they are hooked up alongside the front speakers.

Hey all, after hours of scouring the internet for info I have decided to ask instead. I want to hook up 6 speakers 2 subs and 4 door speakers.

I currently have the two subs and 2 rear speakers hooked up. I ordered 2 speakers for the front doors and want those hooked up to the same amp if possible.

By what I've found searching the internet, I believe I should be able to tie the two left speakers down to 2 ohms(channel 1), the two right speakers down to 2 ohms (channel 2)and hook each sub to its own channel(3 and 4)

Equipment:

2 10" subs rated at 2 ohms a piece

4 speakers( front door and rear) each is 4 ohms

1 4ch-1000 watt amp (ZRX1016.4 | Hifonics)
Get a 5 channel amp instead. Stay away from hifonics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.