Speakers buzzzzzzzzzing??????

UNDERGROUND_BUM
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
HAWAII
ok so i installed my polk momos with an Orion Cobalt CO300.2 to power them. and i get the most annoying loud static/ buz when the head unit is on pause and at a high volume ( when car is on and off) it is less noticeable when music is playing. Its coming out of the momos that are connected to the amp and the rear fill connected to the headunit. the head unit rcas are grounded out, rcas are not ran on the same side as power, headunit has a solid ground, and am pretty sure the component amp has a solid ground. what else could i do? would a ground loop isolater work?

The fact that your external amp and HU amp are both buzzing makes me think you need to look at the HU. Are you grounded through the factory ground or created your own? Try your own if you haven't. It could also be a faulty HU.

i created my own with a self taping screw right into solid, bare metal....... unit is a brand new pioneer Avh-p4000dvd. pretty sure i grounded my rcas correct wraped bare wire on them and grounded to steel frame of the unit.

i created my own with a self taping screw right into solid, bare metal....... unit is a brand new pioneer Avh-p4000dvd. pretty sure i grounded my rcas correct wraped bare wire on them and grounded to steel frame of the unit.
lol undo that. just plug them into the RCA outputs.

i got a problem with my polks as well its only the tweets that have a lil tsssss sound commign from them like static when no music is playing when music plays it seems like its gone

Have you tried playing your system without the RCA ground 'fix'. You should only do that IF you have grounding noise on your RCAs. Self tapping screws aren't the best for grounds - bolts are. Did you sand the spot first? You can always connect your HU ground to the factory gnd wire as a test.

yes before i did the RCA "ground fix" i played it and the noise was still their ( engine whine was too. think i got rid of that though.) the spot i grounded the headunit to was bare metal. if you guys pause your head unit at a moderate volume there is some static or hissing right? i think mine is just abnormally loud. dont know what causes this though. jus checked my gain for my amp that powers my polks and it's perfect. im confused as to y my stock rear fill are hissing this loud too.......

No. RCA noise issues would not cause internal amp to hiss. If it is white noise at high volume levels, the HU may just **** in that area and induce noise. I'm not familiar with that HU and it's build quality.

How old is HU? If just bought it may be worth exchanging or calling Pioneer to see if it may be a faulty HU and have it RMA'd.

another really strange thing is that today i was driving and put my Air condition on full blast and you could hear a whine through the tweeters and when i turn the AC off it was gone. and now the whine from the AC has completely dissapered.......for now. does this help you guys out a little bit to solving my problem????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.