Ssa dcon-10

Participant count
  • Participant list

dbakek
10+ year member

I've got a 2006 Subaru Forester with an all stock stereo right now. I've dabbled throughout the years with different setups, and probably used every sub made in the 90's when I was younger, but not a ton recently.

I was looking at subs, and was initially leaning towards an Alpine Type R 10", and liked the hifonics brutus 1200.1 to match up with it. After reading some of the posts on here and other forums, the DCON seems to get good reviews, and has relatively low power needs. I've got an older Kicker kx350.2, which said it put out around 380 or 390 on the birth sheet. Would that be enough power for this sub? I figured I could pick one up if needed, but if the old kicker would work, I may as well get use out of it.

If that wouldn't work, what would be some viable options for a decent amp? While I don't want to set any records, I do like to listen to it loud on occasion, and listen to a variety of music from the oldies to rap, so something versatile would be nice too.

I want to stick with just one 10", keeping most of the rear area open still. What do you guys think?

I dont see any reason why it would not work I think you will be just fine for a single sub.So get to pretesting that Kicker GEM:D

Sounds good to me, how would the dcon compare output wise to a type r?

Also, what do you mean by pre-testing the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.