Sub is really screwed up *PICS*

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
So yesterday I was bumpin and my subs were sounding wierd, as soon as I heard they werent playing right I turned them way down. I get home and find that the cone on one of my subs is comming off. Its not torn on the cone its self, but it came off the metal part somehow. Im not sure if this falls under the reconing category. But please help me out with how to fix this. Is it worth fixing? What caused this? Pics...

1235429029618.jpg

1235429050413.jpg

Yeah I thought some glue would do the trick. But what would cause this? It looks like somehow I screwed into the cone...

I got the sub used, and the guy said the sub surround came off.

where's your rubber gasket? you don't have it or didn't bother to install it? thats why
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

the rubber gasket has nothing to do with the surrond comming off,lol.

easy fix here. take the sub out sand off the old glue from the basket. then skuff up the back of the rubber surrond and glue with cs(super glue). gorilla glue makes a super glue you can find at any hardware store to fix this. ca glue and rubber will hold...

where's your rubber gasket? you don't have it or didn't bother to install it? thats why
dude the rubber gasket wasnt going to help:rolleyes:

its the same thing as saying something like" well my box makes my sub sound like ****, is this because i didnt wrap it in carpet?"

dude the rubber gasket wasnt going to help:rolleyes:
its the same thing as saying something like" well my box makes my sub sound like ****, is this because i didnt wrap it in carpet?"
perfect

2 part epoxy is your friend.....
CA glue or this

As for the cause, probably cheap manufacturing or something. I don't know what sub it is, but it was probably made in China... just go to a hobby store and pick up the most intense CA glue (super glue) they have. Or 2 part epoxy, then glue it on, then clamp the sides on. You can use bar clamps, or whatever you have laying around that'll put pressure on it. Try to make the pressure as even as possible.

I had a similar issue with my RL-p, used ca glue like everyone recommended but didnt hold long, because of the metal cone. Someone suggested Plumber's Goop and it did the trick, bonded the hell out of the sub lol and I beat on it hard lol.

What kind of sub is that btw? Just curious..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.