subs acting odd

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
been awhile since ive posted here but..... as you may remember, when i installed my sundowns i had an issue with air coming through the screw holes. Well i finally got wood glue and took them out and dropped some in the holes and tossed the subs back in. Now for some reason my subs are alot louder at say 23 on the HU (about how loud they would be at 27 before) and when i put it at full tilt (32) they seem to get quieter and even cut out almost completely. I have no idea what could have possibly happened and am hoping for some help.

Voice coil configuration? Wired to what? Sounds like clipping or overdriving the amp.... a lot.
yeah i think i found the issue.... i didnt touch the gain but something sure as hell did. its usually just around 55-60%, and it was **** near 80%! maybe bumped it taking the box out? havent tested it much yet but i will definently keep an update in case

Any pics of your set up?

I haven't heard of air coming thru the screw holes for a looooooooooonggg time.

You may have maxed out that amp....and your experiencing full tilt.

Any pics of your set up?
I haven't heard of air coming thru the screw holes for a looooooooooonggg time.

You may have maxed out that amp....and your experiencing full tilt.
i can take them if needed but its dark outside, i do think it was the gain, it was alot higher then to where i had it originally for some reason. Also, the pre drill bit i used was slightly bigger then the screw i used, so it barely grabbed the wood as it

i can take them if needed but its dark outside, i do think it was the gain, it was alot higher then to where i had it originally for some reason. Also, the pre drill bit i used was slightly bigger then the screw i used, so it barely grabbed the wood as it
Ah ok. If your gain knob is that lose, then something is lose inside the amp.

Just so you know, 3/32 is the drill bit size idealy for drywall screws. It's what I've always used.

Ah ok. If your gain knob is that lose, then something is lose inside the amp.
Just so you know, 3/32 is the drill bit size idealy for drywall screws. It's what I've always used.
i cant remember the size i used, but it was whatever i was told to by the box builder, i was just stupid and grabbed the wrong pre drill bit, just drove around the block and it seems fine

2 things for ya that are rather important to have....as an exp box builder myself, I have about 2-3 countersinks and a few of those sizes drills I mentioned above.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.