Subs are not hitting hard enough.

predxen
10+ year member

I have 2 MTX Thunder 8000, Single voice coil subs powered by a Hifonics Zeus 1500.1D i have the subs running in parallel, I have a Kenwood KRC-1005 Head unit, and a 6 gauge Power wire running back and a 6 gauge ground. I am using a cassette adapter that i plug into my ipod as that HU is about 15 years old. On youtube i have seen one of these subs running at 400 watts RMS Flex like crazy

I Have 2 of them running at 500 RMS each. and i cant even get my tassel to move on my rear view mirror. The most i can get is a little trunk flex. Is there something i am doing wrong ?

I have 2 MTX Thunder 8000, Single voice coil subs powered by a Hifonics Zeus 1500.1D i have the subs running in parallel, I have a Kenwood KRC-1005 Head unit, and a 6 gauge Power wire running back and a 6 gauge ground. I am using a cassette adapter that i plug into my ipod as that HU is about 15 years old. On youtube i have seen one of these subs running at 400 watts RMS Flex like crazy

get a real HU, it may help

It is better than 8awg, think about it
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

At least its not a stock HU =D
A stock unit with a quality LOC would be better actually.

Stock radio = 27 years old. Its a 1985 Oldsmobile Toronado, BTW what does LOC stand for ?
LOC=

Line

Out

Converter

Basically your stock radio would simply be a gain control and with of the better LOC units you wouldn't even need to use the stock radio lol...

I would upgrade your power/ground wire. Upgrade your radio.

Then see where you are at.

LOC=Line

Out

Converter

Basically your stock radio would simply be a gain control and with of the better LOC units you wouldn't even need to use the stock radio lol...

I would upgrade your power/ground wire. Upgrade your radio.

Then see where you are at.
So, i should pick up a LOC, and hook it up and upgrade my power/ground.

Thanks.

I think my box may also be a problem but i am not sure, it is a nice box built with 3/4 MDF. but it may be too small, i will look at the box Dimensions tomorrow.

I might have an Eclipse 5303R for sale soon... I just have to install it and make sure its 100% before I list it... or my clarion thats in my sig

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.