Subs hitting harder??

Twista89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago
I got a question about how the trunks roll play in how the subs hit. I just recently installed a amp rack in my trunk because I bought one of dbeez deka batteries so I needed to make room and it forced me to move my sub box closer to the trunk lid. I havent changed no settings on the amp and I havent even connected the battery yet because I was waiting on my isolator to get here and I have noticed a very VERY better response in the bass. Im feeding my Type-Rs somewhere in the 600-700 range as my friends DMM didnt read voltage over 30V so I couldnt set the gains properly but moving them towards to trunk lid has caused a very louder and tighter response and It doesnt sound as "sloppy" I guess as it use to. I also get alot more dimming at lower levels to though..The subwoofers now are actually getting alot warmer as well from this...but no settings were changed....Did moving the sub box seriously do something like this???

I got a question about how the trunks roll play in how the subs hit. I just recently installed a amp rack in my trunk because I bought one of dbeez deka batteries so I needed to make room and it forced me to move my sub box closer to the trunk lid. I havent changed no settings on the amp and I havent even connected the battery yet because I was waiting on my isolator to get here and I have noticed a very VERY better response in the bass. Im feeding my Type-Rs somewhere in the 600-700 range as my friends DMM didnt read voltage over 30V so I couldnt set the gains properly but moving them towards to trunk lid has caused a very louder and tighter response and It doesnt sound as "sloppy" I guess as it use to. I also get alot more dimming at lower levels to though..The subwoofers now are actually getting alot warmer as well from this...but no settings were changed....Did moving the sub box seriously do something like this???
yes. It changed the phase and reduced cancellation. Welcome to understanding that audio doesn't pressurize the cabin with compression but rather acts as an antenna.

any websites got a good read on this???? Now that I think about it when I had my sundown installed I had the sub box closer towards the lid but I moved it back when I had to put my GS Designs amp back in and I just thought the change in power caused such a loud increase. I had recently bought this MB Quart 1500.1 and was wondering why my subs werent as loud or even louder than how it was with the Sundown SAE-1200D installed and just thought it had to do with me not setting my gains to full potential lol...

If you put a parking cone in your trunk it acts like a booster as well.

trunk.jpg

honestly they are like right up on the edge now....its about 3-4 in between the subs and the trunk lid....
if you think its tight and loud now then you should flip your subs back around and set them as close to the back seat as possible and build a sealed wall directly against the back of your box. You will stop almost all sound from escaping the truck and force everything into the cab.

your truck rattling will be reduced majorly and it will sound better then ever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.