Subs that will do well in a sealed enclosure.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm getting a new sub/subs. I want to do a sealed enclosure. I went with a custom ported box (made by a very experienced builder) last time. It was my first ported box in a long time. It didn't produce a clear bass like I thought it would, though the subs I was running weren't the best either (2 12" xfl's). I want it to bang, but I want clean, smooth, loud, not just loud, loud, if that makes sense. I have $500 for subs. I'm thinking of Brahma, but I'm not versed in subs like you guys, especially the newer models.

It's going in a small SUV. I'm going to be running a Wolfram 3000.1 amp.

XFL’s get loud but aren’t known for SQ so maybe that was it?? How big is the box going to be? I’ve always been a fan of ID Max’s but there’s tons of good choices. If you are able to port, I’d do that (properly)

Asked a very similar question recently might find it of some help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.