subsonice filter

borisshnitkin
10+ year member

nj
i have 2 alpine type r's and they are in a ported box. i was wondering if i can get the jbl600 even though it doesn't have a subsonic filter.please post some answers. would i really need a subsonic filter for the system.

i am also getting the alpine 9805 in the mail tomorrow. maybe there is some type of settings on the headunit that would block out certain frequences.

please help!!!!!!!!!!

thats only 300 watts per sub...should be fine if you dont abuse...and it would probably be fine even if you did abuse them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

-nate

so why should it matter how much power he is sending them?? the subsonic frequencies are still being sent...just not as powerful.

Originally posted by Bumpin03 so why should it matter how much power he is sending them?? the subsonic frequencies are still being sent...just not as powerful.
exactly the point. at lower volumes/less power, the SS frequencies dont have the potential to damage the sub.

-nate

Originally posted by nswartley exactly the point. at lower volumes/less power, the SS frequencies dont have the potential to damage the sub.

-nate

yes they do....it will just take longer for them to do the damage.

Originally posted by Bumpin03 yes they do....it will just take longer for them to do the damage.
but by the time that time comes and it has damaged them 'enough' then you have already worn out your subs from everyday use. 300 watts per sub and no ssf will be no different in the long run than if it did have a ssf.

-nate

with 300 watts the Type R should be right around it's maximum potential...sending frequencies under the boxes tuning force the sub to rely strictly on its own suspension, causing damage. Do you really need a SSF in this case? No, you can get away without one. Would I get one if I were you? Yes, don't wanna damage the subs, now do ya? Get an Fmod, they are cheap.

Originally posted by snova031 with 300 watts the Type R should be right around it's maximum potential...sending frequencies under the boxes tuning force the sub to rely strictly on its own suspension, causing damage. Do you really need a SSF in this case? No, you can get away without one. Would I get one if I were you? Yes, don't wanna damage the subs, now do ya? Get an Fmod, they are cheap.
FMODs have been proven to be useless. the dB slope is lower than 12dB or something.

-nate

what would be a good amp for 2 type R 1241D's that has a subsonic filter, i was looking at the Kicker KX600.1 but it ant stable at 1 ohm, what are some other amp that are 600 watts rms at 1 ohm that have the subsonic filter... maybe a little step up from the JBL 600.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.