Subwoofer cutting off and restarting at high volumes

Participant count
  • Participant list
Could be a few things,

Could be a loose connection from the amp to the subs,

Could be a loose connection on the amps +/-/R

Could be that the impedance goes to low at certain freqs and sets the amp into protect.

Check all of your connections.

I noticed that also when the amp cut off the sub that the overhead light also cuts off. And then comes back on when the amp does. Could I be drawing too much power from my stock battery or something? The battery doesn't drain quick if the car isn't on or anything just cuts off a few electrical components.

From my experience, it sounds like your amp is going into protect mode. Likely from lack of electrical support, and poorly set gains.
most likely this, it was happening with my set up about 2 weeks back and when i went to look things over the nut that holds down the line fuse on one of the power lines to the amp had shaken loose. tightened it up and has never happened since.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.