subwoofer from years ago

fullwoofer2121
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I got a question about an older subwoofer. I figure I would give it a shot to see if any of you could figure it out with my minimum description. anyone remember the subwoofer from like 2003 that was popular subwoofer. it was not any mainsteam (jl audio, kicker, kenwood, alpine, cerwin vega, phoenix gold, mb quart, alumapro, ect) company but was not top quality less marketing subwoofer (like sundown, ssa, audioque, ect) companies

it was an all black subwoofer that was a quick fad some installers were pushing. it was a heavier duty looking one.

Only one I can think of was the Adire Brahma but they were pretty high quality stuff and I think they lasted quite awhile.

I was thinking it was the name kove but then thought it wasnt. then I though man that subs name might have been armageddon. then typed in armageddon in and the name kove was with it. how where these subs and does kove still make anything.

Kove has been gone for a while..I have a few of there subs sitting around though.

I use some of the lower end armageddon's to check sub fitment some times lol

Here are the two 12s I use to check for fitment some times..

DSC00073.jpg

I have a few of their big brothers as well, I sold them in the shop for about a year back in the day. We loved them and we had tons of success with them.

It would be best if you can post a pic... If they are either the Powerbass Black series or the Powerbass Xtreme XS series Subwoofer they are vastly different... Otherwise I'm leaning towards our XS series if you say it is heavy duty looking... Those subs are real beasts in the right enclosure with the right power. I have all the archived thiele/small parameters and enclosure recommendations if you would like. Lemme know how I can help! - Frankie, Powerbass Tech

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.