SUBWOOFER options ( 2 vs tline vs Cubic feet)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tapil
10+ year member

My options im currently debating:

1 15" sub with a custom T-line box (I think it ends up being about 1.3" too short for wave length, but surely that wouldn't make a noticeable difference?)

2 15" subs with a store bought box that is the manufacturers suggested CU for the sub (Mounting depths considered)

My options im currently debating:
1 15" sub with a custom T-line box (I think it ends up being about 1.3" too short for wave length, but surely that wouldn't make a noticeable difference?)

2 15" subs with a store bought box that is the manufacturers suggested CU for the sub (Mounting depths considered)
1. What's the fs of the sub? And is it 1.3" too short to hit fs?

2. No, just no on the prefab. They are always too small on port area and tuned really high.

1. What's the fs of the sub? And is it 1.3" too short to hit fs?
Im not the greatest at Tline math but the part where the line has to keep wrapping around itself at the same width or volume ends up being about an inch too short for my space.

Fs 23

(Full sub specs http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWR-1542D.PDF)

::EDIT::

Why is it out of a custom tline and a prefab? One not custom tline vs custom ported box?
Because I figure If im making a custom it might aswell be a Tline xD I suppose I could do a custom CU box with a better tuning - I just figured even a small tline would destroy a custom box

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not the greatest at Tline math but the part where the line has to keep wrapping around itself at the same width or volume ends up being about an inch too short for my space.
Fs 23

(Full sub specs http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWR-1542D.PDF)

::EDIT::

Because I figure If im making a custom it might aswell be a Tline xD I suppose I could do a custom CU box with a better tuning - I just figured even a small tline would destroy a custom box

Lol tlines are ok when done right but a proper 2 15" ported enclosure will be louder the tline single 15"

Lol tlines are ok when done right but a proper 2 15" ported enclosure will be louder the tline single 15"
Of course but will require much more power to do so. If done right, the single 15 T line will still be very respectable compared to the two 15s ported while only needing a small fraction of the power and overall money invested. Different boxes for different setups. Gotta factor in power and overall budget with this.

Of course but will require much more power to do so. If done right, the single 15 T line will still be very respectable compared to the two 15s ported while only needing a small fraction of the power and overall money invested. Different boxes for different setups. Gotta factor in power and overall budget with this.
Check this thing out, I may consider a box

RE AUDIO - Box Calculator

budget is only $1grand should be enough for a decent thump - wasted too much on forced induction :/

::edit:: I havent purchased anything yet,

Just how big would a t line for a sub like the sp4 15 be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The entire car. Even decent 8" 1/4 wave tlines are ridiculous in size. Having heard a friends improper Tline for his ghey boss sub I was sold on it

Average 8" at 34hz tline is 36x18x12. I do a dual hds208 at fs that's 29.5x21.75x11.5. 23hz 15" is very very large.....147.5" port length with 143ish sqin port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.