Subwoofer recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Austinn

I hate to ask this question because you guys must get this a lot. But I'm new to audio systems and I've tried to figure this out but I can't. I need an entire setup amps, subs , box(I don't know if I want ported or sealed not too sure what the benefits are of each.)

Looking for:

2 subs

12 inch

Budget: $350-$400

any amp that will give the subs enough power.(don't know what resistance I should run either)

15.4 cubic inches in trunk

Mostly listen to hip hop/ RnB

Looking for a decent base setup I can further work on.

I was looking at Memphis & sundown but I don't really care what brand as long as they're good quality.

IDK... the forum "boner" seems to be the CAB 1600.1 and after box rise the extra power should be useful... Those subs DO get killer reviews everywhere and I believe they'll handle a CAB amp.

Sundown subs for sure. For the amp I'd do soundqubed 1200.
Now there's a familiar name I haven't seen in awhile!

OP, check out the Sundown Audio Yardsale. Prob get away with some cheap subs but yet good ones. Also....CAB amp is 200 bucks.

They're all good, trust me. As for a ported enclosure, it's gonna depend upon your vehicle they're going into. Don't get prefab as they're junk and won't sound as good as a custom built one.

two hds 215s sealed on a cab 1600 should be 30 dollars above your budget but would be decent.

however if its 400 for subs alone i'd go with AB XFLs and if you can build a custom box following blueprints, that would be your best bet.

can you link me a ported box for dual Sundown Audio Ev3 12 & dual Sundown Audio SA-12 750W. Also do you know if Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer is legit?
can't go wrong with sundowns everyone likes them 2 e 12's be great for new guy and u can get them on car aduio bargain b stock fior $95 each and if u don't want giant 30 pound amp that will need u to get big 3 wires done under hood u can get amp like my ppi p1k for like $155 amazon tested at 1162 rms @ 1ohm, just need 2 4 ohm dvc subs wired to 2 ohm each.. ported or sealed depends on how loud u want ported will be much louder and deeper bass,, if u listen to mostly rap probably better, if u listen to mostly rock lots of peeps like sealed better cause freqs aren't as low in rock music,, dual ported 12 box will be like 4-6cf total where as sealed would be like 2.5 total so check trunk measurements.. custom ported boxes are best but do cost more..

Okay thank you will do but do you know if the website I linked above is legit? & on car audio bargain it says 95 for dual subs does that mean it's 95 for 2 subs?
i feel sure it means 1 dvc sub., but cab is a great website guy here order 2 btock old model E15's they sent wrong vc to him they refunded his $ and sent him new models free, maybe best site online..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.