Sundown amp crapped on me..

I hate to ask this question...
but I really don't know which one is the power?

I won't take offense to bashing =/

bam i found the problem lol

ground is the big black wire a.k.a kovemaster559 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

So unplug the RCA's from my sundown, and disconnect the ground wire (black) and leave the power wire (red) and then turn on my car?

Thanks for being so patient guys

I disconnected the RCA's, and I disconnected the wires going to the sub

amp still turns on in protection mode

All i'm waiting on is an e-mail from Ben/Kevin from Low-hz for my invoice, so I can send it to Jacob @ Sundown so he can check it out.

I've been having no sub for almost 2 weeks now.

it ***** HARD

I'm sure it could be a really nice and neat job on that ground and all, or that the bolt passes through into a very solid part of the body. But for me personally I would double check that its sanded down to bare metal below the grounding terminal ring. Looks like there is a washer or something below it, maybe this is part of a sleeve that bolt goes into or something, but I would double check that and make sure its good bare metal going into a good piece of the body.

If its a solid ground and good contact on a good bolt then disregard all that, also its probably a good ground if it worked for 7 months without a problem. Hope you can diagnose the problem, if not I am sure you can get it fixed fairly easily. If you bought it new you should still have plenty left on the warranty.

Your amp should have a 2 year warranty, so no sweat just talk to Jacob.

Most likely culprit is vibration damage, breaks some legs off the mosfets, when this happens things go haywire and you could get some smoke coming out of the amp for sure. Not sure if Jacob will warranty it for you, but if not, give me a shout and I can repair it for you flat rate for $125, good as new. Email me for more details, sales@db-r.com.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

3Series Banger

10+ year member
3Series Banger
Bay Area
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from