SX "knowledgeable" I want ur .02

chefboyrlee
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i wanna hear opinions from ppl who have experienced/experimented with the SX in different boxes. so far, my SXs have been in junk boxes. they've been in a too small sealed and right now they are in a too small ported box. soon as i get the time, i will attempt to build the "perfect" box, and i'd like to hear what ppl say from their own experience.

so my .02, in the small sealed, it sounded quite "clean" and punchy when playing heavy bass-drum music, i.e. hip hop, electronic, type stuff. rock on the other hand, was quite lacking while sealed. the kick drum and bass guitar sound much better with the port especially at lower volumes and the overall sound is much more balanced. when playing bassy music, they hit like monsters now, but it doesnt sound "clean" kinda muddy and sloppy (prolly cuz the box sux). anyways, please chime in...

I can say I ran mine in a small sealed and I HATED it. But once I threw it in a pretty big ported, its a totaly diffrent sub. Sounds great now and gets good and loud

Today I got that song Black Betty I think is the name a classic song. And I can say it felt like I was getting kicked in the back of the seat, it was really tight and punchy. I listen to all types of music, from rap, country, classic rock, heavy metal, alter, techno I listen to alot of stuff and the box I have sounds really well on most of the stuff.

it also sounded preatty good for everyday drivin kinda loud but the only thing that it didnt hit really well were really low notes but other than that it sounded preatty good

I'd give them 2-2.5 cubes NET each @30hz and like 30-40 in^2 each for your tastes.

So, for the pair of 12's...like 4-5 cubes NET @30hz with 60-80in^2 of port would work well. peace

NG

i like the "idea" of 2 - 2.5 cubes at 30hz. i just cant figure out how to make the port to fit without having to take up ALL my trunk space. + i want to do a CRX box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

chefboyrlee

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
chefboyrlee
los angeles, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date