taking days between fiberlgass layers

yamaman
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey there everyone. I was wandering I am going to start fiberglassing a sub box here soon and was wandering I don't have much time in a day to work on it so I was wandering if I can say lay down 2 layers of fiberglass 1 day and then comeback to it say after a weekend so 2 days and then put more layers on and so on and so forth. Or do I have to do all the fiberglass layers within a certain amount of time??? thanx for ur time everyone

yes you can always come back and add more fiberglass. Are you molding it to your car? if so, lay down a couple of sheets of matt to get your skeleton, wait about a day then pop it out a lay down as many sheets as you want. The reason I say wait a day is because you dont want to pop out the produt untill it is cured. It will shrink if you do otherwise. If your pressed on time you can always add more hardener so the resin will "kick" faster. This way it wont take you month's to finish. Should only take a couple of days. You can also buy a heavier weight matt so you dont have to have to many layers.

actaully yes I plan on just molding the back of the box to the rear of my cab to fit flush with all curves and what not. And see my truck is a daily driver and gets me to work and back will there be a problem with leaving it on the rear of my cab as I drive to work and back???

same layers, get yourself two hours of free time (hell, do it at like 10pm in your garage) and do as much as you can, it ***** comming back and having to sand the **** out of it because there are all kinds of little bumps that make airbubbles and stuff.

try and do it all at once, it will save you alot of time

but you can do one layer at a time too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.