Tap off fuse box for amp?

nfs924

USA
I'm having trouble powering my amp via the battery because there are no pre-existing holes in the firewall and if I drilled, I won't know whats behind it, and I could hit something important. Is it possible to power the amp from the fuse block? I can get an adapter from radio shack to do this, I just want to make sure its safe and can handle all the power. Thanks!

2000 Mercury Sable, me and my step-dad have both looked for pre-existing holes and we cant find any. There is like no room to work with (in the engine)

IMG_0148.jpg

I don't know where to drill because I'm afraid I could hit something.

There is an exisitng gromet with somethign ran though it i promise. in my sunfire i jsut cut a small slit in the steering collum gromet and secured the wire so it coulnt get tangled with the collum. I found a factory spot for 6 runs of 0/ga in my sunfire later on jsut look harder.

There is an exisitng gromet with somethign ran though it i promise. in my sunfire i jsut cut a small slit in the steering collum gromet and secured the wire so it coulnt get tangled with the collum. I found a factory spot for 6 runs of 0/ga in my sunfire later on jsut look harder.
Well I was thinking about going into the steering collum gromet, but I don't know where the wire would come out, also, there is literally no room in my engine, it would be a problem just trying to reach the wire. I've looked for at least 2 hours.

is that the new body style?, and there isnt one in EVERY vehicle i worked on a subaru the other day that didnt have one....
Yea..its the new body style.

hmmmm mercury... look at were you pop your hood inside your car.... follow the the cable.. there should be a grommet there... get a coat hanger or something and poke it threw... there should be plenty of room if im thinking of the same car.. hope this helps

Well i tried going through the steering grommet and its sealed on the outside also, and its impossible to put a hole in the other side becuase you can't even reach it because there is no space.

hmmmm mercury... look at were you pop your hood inside your car.... follow the the cable.. there should be a grommet there... get a coat hanger or something and poke it threw... there should be plenty of room if im thinking of the same car.. hope this helps
I followed the wire, after about 1 inch, it went behind all these metal things and you can't access it.. Thanks anyway

In my jetta, there was a huge distrobution block looking thing under the driverside dash area. It had unused hookups so I powered a turbo timer, H/U, and boost guage off of the extra hookups, but I didn't run anything like an amp off of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.