TC LMS-R 15 Sealed or FI Q 15 Sealed

Participant count
  • Participant list

AndrewHD
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Looking for an SQL system and really would like 2 15's in a sealed box. I know the LMS-R's were designed for home theater but was wondering if any of you guys tried these sealed in a car. I had 2 15 FI Q's sealed before and was wondering if they would be as musical if not better. I regret selling the Q's and now am looking to either buy them again or go for the TC LMS-R's. Can anyone help? Car is a 2005 Impala with Rockford 2500bdcp

OK thanks Buck, what about the LMS-R sealed in a car? What's the smallest and biggest net interior volume recommendations for the LMS-R 15? I checked their website and it says the optimal size is 1.5 cu ft which seems really small for a 15

It comes down to Fc and Qtc, which are based off Vas, Fs, and Qts. 1.5 cubes sealed gives you a Fc of 38.78 and Qtc of .60. So both of those are relatively low compared to most manufacturers recommendations for sealed box. "Optimal" (if you can call it that) sealed box flat response is .707. A "middle ground" between lower F3 and peaks in your response. But you will be good with that size, you'll be able to play low.

So based off the t/s parameters, you are good!

It comes down to Fc and Qtc, which are based off Vas, Fs, and Qts. 1.5 cubes sealed gives you a Fc of 38.78 and Qtc of .60. So both of those are relatively low compared to most manufacturers recommendations for sealed box. "Optimal" (if you can call it that) sealed box flat response is .707. A "middle ground" between lower F3 and peaks in your response. But you will be good with that size, you'll be able to play low.
So based off the t/s parameters, you are good!
Thanks again, I'm still relatively new to T/S parameters but I am looking to get a low F3. Would making the box bigger than 1.5 cu ft do that? (Say 2.0-2.5 cu.ft for a single LMS-r 15). I like low output more than higher frequencies so I would rather make the box on the larger side. What would you recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.