Telephone mute wires

Its not only blue tooth a Deck I had in 99 had it too.

I've never seen something that you hook up to the wire that when your phones on the deck mutes :/

How does it work? Does it "hear" it ring or something...sounds like something I may need to contact Don about ordering for me if it really works.
I think when the phone rings it sends power to the wire thats hooked up to the mute wire on the radio and that in turns puts the radio on mute or ATT.

How does it work? Does it "hear" it ring or something...sounds like something I may need to contact Don about ordering for me if it really works.
No.

It wirelessly detects incoming/outgoing calls by detecting activity on the cellphone transmission frequencies.

The only "hiccup" I ever had w/ mine was that sometimes it would mute itself due to various waves in the air and not due to anyone in the car having a call.....for example there was this certain stretch of road in a neighboring town where it would always mute for apparently no reason.....not sure if there was a cell tower or something there or what the issue was.

Another thing to note: Be sure to turn the music down when it mutes because as soon as you hang up the stereo comes back on at whatever volume you previously had it on.......so if you had it blaring, as soon as you hung up it would kick back on blaring & scare the shit out of you.

But overall it saved me and several of my friends from missing a ton of calls....because at that age my stereo only had one volume setting......really fucking loud.

But overall it saved me and several of my friends from missing a ton of calls....because at that age my stereo only had one volume setting......really fucking loud.
Lol I miss customer calls in my work truck due to that sometimes.... but theres no cell phone thing on that deck, also im 100% sure the boss would be too chincy to get one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I think all in all it sounds pretty neat.

I think I would remember to hit the ATT button after the call.

Not hearing is why I keep it in my lap with both vibrate and ring. I still manage to miss calls though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.